Seeing and Believing

"Okay, class, remember to do only the odd numbers of 1-25 on the homework. See you all tomorrow and have a nice day!" My calculus teacher, Mr. Opal called as we all filtered out of the room.

Ever since the jocks had arrived at the school, all of the classes have been packed to the point where getting out of the classroom is more of a challenge than it used to be.

By the time I made it out of the classroom,  Vanessa was already waiting outside for me, books already in hand since she went to our locker and grabbed them in the time that it took me to get out of class.

The lucky ballerina sits by the door, so she has no trouble getting out, but because I sit in the front, I have to wait until everyone leaves before I can move.

"Is it just me or are all of our classes twice as big compared to last year?" Vanessa asked when I caught up with her and we started walking to our locker.

"It's not just you. Thanks to the addition of about two thousand jocks, all of the classes have been filled." I explained as I put my calculus book away.

"Don't we have homework tonight for math?" Vanessa asked as she saw me put my calculus book away.

"Yeah, but I finished it during class. It's just review so I was able to get it done pretty quickly during the lesson." I explained, proud of my mathematical skill.

"Nerd." I heard someone fake-cough behind me.

An amused smile spread across Vanessa's face when she saw who was behind me.

The ignoramus who had insulted my music earlier just so happened to be in all of my classes save for two, and he just so happens to sit next to me in all of them as well. 

Luckily for me, he's not smart enough to be in calculus so math is one of the few classes that I don't have with him.

"Can't you just give me a break? Seriously, I'm sure there are plenty of girls who would love for you to bother them." I said in exasperation, sticking my head in my locker so I wouldn't have to see his annoyingly handsome face.

"But the only girl I want to bother is you." He said, pouting just enough to irritate me further.

Sighing, I pulled my head out of my locker and slammed it shut, dragging Vanessa to the library with me so we could meet up with Meadow and Julian to do homework.

I groaned when I heard the familiar heavy footsteps following close behind.

"So where are we going?" Colton asked, snaking an arm around my shoulder.

"We are going to do homework in the library. You are going to go anywhere else." I stated, trying and failing to peel his heavy and muscular arm off of my shoulders.

"You know, I'm actually not the greatest at math, but since you seem to be so good at it why don't you help me out?" Colton proposed, obviously oblivious to my irritation.

"Don't you have football practice or something?" I asked, eager to get rid of him.

"Nope, practice doesn't start until next week." He grinned.

Vanessa had been awfully quiet during our interaction and as I remembered what happened during lunch, I decided to put my irritation with this jock aside and do my best friend a solid.

"You know what? You can come with us, but only if you invite Kane and Callum as well." I proposed, deciding that Meadow could also possibly benefit from this.

Colton furrowed his brows in an admittedly cute expression of confusion which quickly turned to jealousy.

"Why do you want them to come? Do you have a crush on one of them?" He spat out, gripping my arm hard enough that it just slightly hurt, but he probably didn't realize it because of how strong he is.