Baby Steps

(A.N. Above is probably one of the best choirs in the world, Voctave, to give you guys a little taste of what the music at Radiant is like.)

"Welcome, everyone! Come in, come in, take a seat on the risers." My choir teacher greeted jovially as she ushered us in.

Vanessa, Julian, Meadow, and I all walked into the classroom confidently, and the underclassmen moved out of our way before we could even ask them to move. My choir teacher saw what was going on and smiled.

"Good to be in the big leagues, right?" She lilted, nodding her head to the group of freshman who moved out of our way.

"You have no idea." I responded, crossing my legs after I sat in my seat in the soprano section.

As I looked around the room, I was surprised not to see Colton. Choir was definitely on his schedule last I checked 

Once the bell had rung and everyone had taken their seats, Mrs. Sapphire stood in front of the class and stood by the piano.

 Sapphire stood in front of the class and stood by the piano

"Welcome everyone. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Marie Genova-Sapphire, but you are all going to call me Mrs. Sapphire because my husband gets pouty if I don't go by that name." She joked, smiling at us and making laughter ring through the majority of the class.

Mrs. Sapphire has a good sense of humor and she's relatively young too, so everyone warmed up to her really quickly. Her teaching style is strict, but fair and she makes sure to take our opinions into account when choosing songs which is something that I personally love since none of my other music teachers ever do that.

Just as she was about to continue, the door opened and in walked in Colton and Kane with two new jocks sauntering in behind them. And of course, these two jocks just happened to be incredibly good looking, making all of the girls in choir stop and stare.

What was in the water at that school? Is it just not possible for a jock to be ugly or even average looking?

"Well, now that we're all here I think a little introduction is in order. Why don't you boys start first?" Mrs. Sapphire offered, her words resembling more of a demand than a question.

When they didn't say anything she added, "All you have to do is say your name, age, and what you specialize in. If you're too shy then we can move on if you'd like." She smiled, knowing that they really didn't have a say in the matter.

"Colton Hunter, I'm seventeen, I play football." Colton's deep voice sounded, sending chills up my spine.

He's seventeen already? I haven't even turned sixteen yet.

"Kane Octavio, I'm sixteen, and I play soccer." Kane gave a charming smile, shooting a wink at Vanessa.

I looked over at Vanessa and noticed that she was looking anywhere but Kane, much to the poor boy's dismay since he lit up like a Christmas tree when he saw her.