Chatper Fifteen: Tea Makes Everything Better

Start from the beginning

It was none of that. Instead he uttered three single words.

"John likes you"

Sherlock frowns at his.. friend? Can he still call Jim that? He frowns, out of shock mostly but also because he had no idea- absolutely no idea- why Jim was bringing this up.

"I- Er. Yeah, I guess he does" Sherlock eventually replies, giving a small shrug.

"No. Sherlock" Jim was using that tone. The one he uses with the idiotic people of the world. Never had Sherlock had that tone aimed at him. "He likes you."

Oh.

"That really isn't news to me, Jim" Sherlock bites back a scoff.

"What? You don't like him?"

Sherlock pauses for a moment. His mind drifting back to that annoying angry feeling (he still refuses to call it by it's actual name) when Mary had taken John away the night of Harry Watson's birthday party.

"Don't be silly. I don't like anyone that way"

It's the truth. Sherlock Holmes doesn't do emotion. Especially not love. Not anymore.

"Molly?" Jim asks, tilting his head.

Sherlock has no idea where Jim is going with this but he answers anyway. "No"

"Irene?"

The urge to vomit arises at the thought of himself and Irene... She was like a sister. Definitely not that kind of friend.

"God, no"

Jim's fingers twitch with the next name. "Michael?"

"No" Sherlock shakes his head.

A raised eyebrow, this time. "Me?"

"N-" Sherlock stops, staring at Jim for a few long hard moments. Why the hell did he ask that?! How was Sherlock meant to response? "I- No. Of course, not"

"What about--"

"Jim" Sherlock stops the boy from this pointless quest. "I don't do feelings like that... not now, anyway. We both know that"

Jim gives a nod, eyes softening at the mention of Sherlock's past. Then, in one movement, he steps forward and wraps his arms around Sherlock.

Sherlock's breath catches before he slowly raises his arms to hug Jim back, burying his face in Jim's shoulder as he does. It felt good to be close to Jim, in his arms.

It felt like home.

And that thought scared the shit out of Sherlock but he didn't run. He stayed there with Jim, clutching to him like a child does their favourite toy- scared he may disappear again and, this time, never return.

"I've been an idiot" Sherlock mumbles, turning his face so he's speaking into Jim's neck and his lips brush the pale skin there as he speaks.

A small shiver runs through Jim, much to Sherlock's delight, as he runs a hand down Sherlock's bare back. Sherlock shivers, much like Jim, before hugging the other tighter.

He needed to know this was real. That Jim was honestly here. That he wasn't going to leave. Sherlock almost let out a whimper and begged him to never leave. Almost.

"You have been" Jim agrees.

"Can... Stay tonight." Sherlock raises his head to meet Jim's eyes but their arms are still wrapped around each other.

Jim shakes his head. No.

"Why n--"

"I haven't been home yet. I want to see Dad. Plus you've got John here"