My eyes shifted to the food and the back to the wall that I was staring at.

"You aren't eating?"

"My parents said never to take things from strangers." Now, I am just trying to see how far I can push him.

I can't trust him until he trusts me, and lord knows when that is.

He sighs his voice filling with frustration,"We have been over this."

"We don't even know each other's names." We can start small, I just need something to break the ice.

He actually pauses, as if weighing the question, before asking,"What's yours?"

"How do I know I can trust you? After all, you are the one in the mask." Poking fun at him in hopes of getting him to crack, I shift to tuck my feet under me. We have to start somewhere.

"The helmet isn't coming off." The frustration was gone this time. It was replaced with something close to amusement and determination all in one. 

"Yet." I held his gaze for second longer before switching to the food and grabbing the bag. "Do I even want to know how you got this?"

"Even if you did ask, I wouldn't tell you."

I keep my eyes on the food even though his words caught my interest.

What am I even doing? I watched this man kill several people right in front of my eyes and now I am talking to him like this is normal? He killed them. Some of them could have had families, or maybe they were just following orders.

But they did try to kill me. And they almost did.

"How is your hand?" My eyes snap to him, completely thrown off by his question.

I was trying to resent him, can't he make it easier?

He is probably just asking so he will still have something over Black Mask.

"Fine." It's just a little sore,"Your helmet packs a punch."

"It's supposed to." The seriousness in his voice was back,"And your shoulder? You landed on it."

"It's fine." Not really, it hurts, but I am not telling that to him.

"Good, because I'm not stitching it up again."

"How do you know how to stitch up a wound?" I finally ask him one of the questions that has been bugging me.

"Does it matter?" His voice completely changed to a harsher tone, unlike his previous one.

"Kind of..." I trailed of, seeing how tense his body got.

He was sitting straight up, alert of everything. And he was studying me again.

"You do realize that I could kill you right now." There wasn't any hint of teasing him his voice.

"But you won't." Loophole, just like my dad taught me. "You kind of told me you need me alive to piss off Black Mask."

He stands up, stepping towards the couch as he stares down at me," That doesn't mean you stay alive."

With that being his parting words to me, he turns and walks back down the hallway, the door slamming shut behind him.

I let out a breath,"Well, that was weird."

<•>•<•>•<•>

My eyelids flutter open at the sounds of a window sliding shut.

I bolt into an up-right position, facing the window with my heart pounding loudly in my chest.