•Chapter 28•

" loving can heal, loving can mend your soul"
- Ed Sheeran

<Hazel's>

Oh my gosh. It is Aquaman.

Something pokes my side, making me realize I was staring wide eyed at the man.

I turn my head to the source of the poking and smile sheepishly up at Jason who looks down at me with a slightly amused expression before he wipes it clear and continues to follow the others. This causes me to speed up my walking as I am in front of him and not the other way around, which I don't think he realizes until we are practically squished against each other.

He didn't seem to mind, but I did and that's what caused me to scurry off to sit next to Tim, Jason following to sit next to me.

Shortly after everyone gets seated, a Vietnamese woman in a wheelchair and a couple with red hair take the stage, a microphone in the hands of the woman.

"Welcome." She starts out, her voice slightly echoing, though I doubt anyone cared; it was the emotion in her voice that hooked everyone. "I can not tell you how much this means to me to get to see my daughter marry the love of her life in the presence of friends and family..."

Despite the amount of happiness and welcoming in her voice, I couldn't help but feel out of place in all of this. I have never met this woman or the two parents behind her and she is thanking all of us for being there for her daughter, who I still haven't even met. It's like I am... wedding crashing? I don't know.

Weddings are supposed to be a time with friends and family where the new couple knows that they are sincerely celebrated and welcomed by their friends and family as a wedded couple. They are supposed to have their trusted friends at their side, not some chick who doesn't even know how long they have been together or even their last names. Well, new last name.

I nudge Jason with my elbow to get his attention before I whisper, "How long have they been together? And what are their names again?"

He raised an eyebrow at my behavior, which is understandable because I am completely ignoring the fact that their parents are talking, but I want to know something about them before I have to face them. "Artemis Crock and Wally West. They have been together since they were, like, sixteen? Yeah, sixteen."

Woah. So high school sweethearts maybe? Did they even go to the same high school?

Grr.

I feel like I am cramming for a surprise test that is happening in a few hours that I haven't studied for.

I shake my head to clear it and tone back into the parents, their eyes all showing how proud they are for their kids.

"And now we would like to invite the couple out on the dance floor for their first dance as a married couple."

Oh crap, I missed that whole emotional speech., but I couldn't be bothered because I quickly realized something and turned to
Jason.

He looks to me, probably sensing my movement. "What's wrong?" He says surveying my worried expression.

"Was I supposed to bring a gift?"

He blinks before he covers his mouth in an attempt to stop himself from laughing. "No." He coughs encore composing himself again. "You are the gift."

Before I could ask him what he meant, the speakers in the front of the room buzzed to life.

As soon as the music starts, the groom walks to the middle of the floor and turns to a beautiful woman walking his direction.