•Chapter 36•

" The most confused we ever get is when we try to convince our heads of something our hearts know is a lie."
~ Karen Moning

<Hazel's>

Something crashing against the floor caused me to jolt awake, my eyes flying to my floor, only to find nothing.

I stare down at the ground in sleepy confusion before my eyes widen and I jump of the bed, flying to the door.

"Jason." I whisper as I get out of the hallway, only to find that he isn't out there.

"Need something?"

I jump out of my skin as I turn to Damian, looking only slightly annoyed at my presence.

"I-"

"He does this sometimes." He says nodding to Jason's room, causing my eyes to linger on the door before I look back to him.

"Why?"

He lets out a sigh. "I assume Todd told you of his death. The Pit used to bring him back has side effects." He crosses his arms over his chest. "That dark look you see when he is about to fight, that's bloodlust. He got it as a welcome back present from the Pit."

My eyebrows knit together, my stomach flipping as I picture the look he is talking about. "Can he control it?"

"He hasn't cared to until you showed up, so we are just going to find out." He answers before causally adding, "Your rejection of him will most likely also be a factor."

My face immediately pales before I recover from shock, my face starting to heat up as I look down at him. "Ok, why do you know about that?"

"I am Damian Wayne." He says, his nose sticking up in the air.

I huff out all of the air in my lungs before looking back to Jason's room.

"Is it a nightmare?" I mutter, my thoughts going back to the first time I tried to wake him from a dream.

"Yes." He grunts, his eyes following mine. "He can get very physical, and does not realize what he is doing. I do not recommend going in-" he pauses as I put my hand on the door handle anyways. "Fine. If he murders you, it will not fall back on me." He grumbles before turning and walking back into his room.

I roll my eyes and take a deep breath before pushing my doubts away and opening the door.

"Jason?" I whisper into the cold room.

Damian was right. He isn't even awake and he somehow broke a vase, which is now across the room, laying shattered along the floor.

I hope that wasn't important.

His body was completely tense, his eyes moving wildly under his eyelids as I shut the door behind me, locking me in a room with someone that may not even recognize me.

I bite the inside of my cheek as I look at him, remembering our moment only hours ago.

A chill runs down my spine, and I blame it on the cold night, but, looking at him, I'm not so sure the cold is to blame.

Yeah, I stopped him from... whatever we were doing, but that doesn't mean I am going to leave him to deal with his demons alone.

I rub my eyes before I slowly walk to his side, and slowly place a hand on his bicep.

His body snap up, causing me to jump back, his iron grip closing around on my wrist in a painful hold.

My wide eyes meet his cold ones, causing me to freeze in my spot.