•Chapter 13•

<Hazel's>

Waking up to two high-pitched voices screaming at each other makes me miss when the only strange thing I could wake up to was Jason.

I groan as I force myself into a sitting position, "Why?" I mutter to myself as I run a hand through my unbrushed hair.

Quickly putting on new clothes, brushing my hair and my teeth, I start down the hallway going toward the noise, which is the opposite way I want to go.

"DRAKE, IF YOU LOOK AT TITUS ONE MORE TIME-"

"GET THAT THING OUT OF HERE!" The familiar voice of Jason breaks through the air.

"ITS A DOG, DEMON SPAWN. ALFRED!" Tim calls out at the top of his lungs, probably waking up all of Gotham. Who needs alarm clocks when you have Tim?

"Master Damian, please do put down the knife." Came the much calmer voice of Alfred as I paddle down the stairs and through the hallway to the kitchen.

I stop in my tracks by the door at the slight in front of me.

Tim was on Dick's back as Damian stands in front of him, an alarmingly large knife in his hand. Jason, who is currently standing on top of the counter, is shouting curses at a very big Great Dane. And poor Alfred stands in the middle of it all attempting to get everyone to be quiet.

It doesn't take long though, the heads of everyone in the room snapping to me as I say, "What is happening?"

"Hazel...don't move." Jason says first, his eyes switching between the dog and myself.

"Damian, grab Titus." Tim says, realizing what Jason was getting at.

I didn't really understand though... the dog looked harmless. Just a very big Great Dane.

Damian's eyes softened slightly as he ordered, "Titus, come here."

The dog, who was staring at me up until now, didn't move aside from twitching his ears toward Damian.

"Damian..." Dick warns, a panicked look on his face. The same look as everyone else.

"Hazel, just don't move." Jason says, drawing my attention back to him. Sensing how concerned everyone was, I freeze completely, my eyes not moving from Jason's.

"Should I be scared?" I say as slight panic grows in my stomach by their reactions.

"No, he can smell fear." Damian says nonchalantly, "Titus, come here!"

The dog's eyes say on me for a moment longer before he drops his head, going to sit next to Damian who then grabbed his collar.

"Is it safe?" Tim questions while he is still clinging onto his older brother.

"That dog is evil; it's never safe." Jason answers dramatically as he slowly sinks down to get off of the counter.

"Master Damian, perhaps you should take Titus outside." Alfred says, moving toward me, in between Titus and I.

"I don't see the problem here..." I say, looking from Jason to Titus.

Titus' ears perk at the sound of my voice, his  strong legs pushing him to rip out of Damian's grip.

"TITUS!"

I took a few steps back as everyone tensed up, Titus running straight toward me. Alfred stepped in the way, only for Titus to go around him.

The dark colored dog stops right in front of me, before letting out a low growl followed by extremely loud barks.

I wince at the volume before taking a few more steps back. This only seems to encourage Titus though and the others shouting at the dog.