Chapter 1

"WAKE UP SLEEPYHEAD!!!" I opened and rubbed my eyes to see my brother's

face in front of me.

"Geez Ethan! Do you really need to shout?!" I groaned.

"I had to since your alarm clock wasn't loud enough to wake you. C'mon little girl get yourself ready now, we'll be leaving in a few minutes!" Ethan shouted as he left my room.

I went to the bathroom and took a shower. I quickly wore my outfit on and finally got my pink backpack. I ran down the stairs and went to the dining room. The smell of my mom's pancakes made my tummy growl.

"Good morning dear!" Mom greeted me with a smile on her face.

"Morning mom" I sat down beside Ethan and grabbed a pancake from the plate at the center.

"Where's dad?" I asked. "He has an early meeting with a client," mom answered.

My mom, brother and I had a short conversation. As soon as we finished our breakfast, we kissed our mom on the cheek and said our goodbyes to her. We rode our bicycles on our way to Stanford Academy since it's just a few blocks away. We reached the school about 10 minutes and parked our bicycles at the bicycle stand. Ethan went in the gate first and I followed him. As usual, the school corridor was filled with students chitchatting with each other. I went to my locker to get my books when someone from behind hugged me so tight that I already knew who she was.

"Hazel, I can't breathe!"

"Sorry Macy!" Hazel released me from her arms.

I stared at her while having a wide smile on my face and then I tickled her in the tummy

"Ma.c.y. s.to.p!!!" Hazel begged while she laughed so hard.

"Why would I?!" I replied and continued to tickle her until we were interrupted by someone's loud cough.

"Did I miss something?" Franz greeted us and rubbed his sandy colored hair.

"You missed all the fun!" Hazel and I said at the same time. I finally stopped tickling her and she sighed breathlessly.

"Come on you two! Let's get going. History class is about to -" He was interrupted by the school bell, which meant that we should go to our classes now.

"Start now" Hazel giggled.

"Let's go!" I happily said as I wrapped my arms around my two best friends and we walked together towards

All our classes went okay. We had a quiz in Math which was hard. Our teachers gave us a lot of homework which caused all the students to complain. The dismissal bell finally rang. I sighed in relief as I returned my books and papers inside my bag. Frank, Hazel and I headed out the classroom.

"Ughhh. We have so many homeworks!" Hazel complained.

"I hate it." Franz said and I nodded in agreement. We talked with each other on the way out when I suddenly bumped into an old lady wearing filthy clothes.

"I'm so sorry!" I offered a hand to the old lady but she rejected it. She managed to stand up, then she murmured something and walked away.