Chapter 6: A Distracted Flier Is A Dead Flier

Narrator's POV

Echo walked over to Starscream who had just walked out of a room. "Morning, Starscream, dear. How'd you sleep?" Echo asked with a slight smile, the metal creating her bangs falling over her right optic as she tilted her helm, walking backwards in front of the mech. Starscream was about to shout at Echo when he realized something.

"What did you say?" He asked, coming to a stop. Echo stopped as well.

"I said, 'Morning, Starscream, dea-"

"There!" Starscream exclaimed, pointing a digit at Echo.

"What?" Echo inquired, placing her servos onto her hips.

"You said my designation and not Lieutenant High Heels." Starscream stated.

"Yeah, why?" Echo replied.

Starscream already knew something was up. "What did you do this time?" Starscream sighed.

"I haven't done a thing!" Echo gasped exaggeratedly. Starscream raised an optic ridge, his servos on his hips. "Fine. I did do something." Echo said after a few seconds.

"Primus...." Starscream muttered, facepalming.

Echo moved closer to Starscream's audio receptor and whispered, "I killed the beast."

Starscream gasped and said, "You did what?!"

"I didn't stutter, Screamy." Echo said. Starscream's jaw was dropped in awe. Once he comprehended what Echo had told him, Starscream grabbed the femme by the waist and picked her up, spinning the both of them around.

"Hey! Put me down!" Echo snapped. When her peds touched the ground, Starscream hugged Echo close to his frame. "Starscream what are you doing?" Echo inquired.

"You did what I was too afraid to. You terminated that idiotic beast." He muttered, resting his chin on her helm.

"Starscream, darling, what are you blabbering on about?" Echo asked. Starscream lifted Echo's chin and pressed his dermas onto hers. The femme's eye widened and after a couple of seconds, she wrapped her arms around Starscream's neck cables and melted into the kiss.

She mentally smirked. This part of her plan wasn't supposed to happen till later but this would still work. Echo broke the kiss and looked into Starscream's optics. "How about you and I go on a flight. Just the two of us?" Echo hummed, running a digit down the silver seeker's chassis.

"I don't see why not." Starscream replied. Echo smiled, biting her bottom derma shyly.

"C'mon." She said, taking Starscream's servo in hers and heading to the flight deck.

Once there, Echo ran towards the edge and jumped off, Starscream following. They transformed and flew through the canyon below the ship. Slowing down a bit, Echo flew next to Starscream. "Hey, 'Scream, I've always wondered since I got here yesterday. Why do you follow Megatron? You obviously, cliff, hate him so why, rock wall, don't you just kill him already?" Echo spoke while calling out obstacles the seeker was about to run into.

"I'm not exactly of size or strength to that, Echo." Starscream hissed.

"But you know, after this week, I will be ruling the Decepticons. I plan on making Soundwave my second and Megsy my third. As you may or may not have realized, that leaves you without a position." Echo said.

"So what? You're going to kick me to the curb?" Starscream hissed, dodging a rock arch.

"Now, now, Screamy. I'm not gonna resort to that....yet." Echo spoke, whispering the last word.

"What are you talking about?" Starscream inquired.

"There is the position of the Decepticon king." Echo answered, causing the seeker to grow curious.

"Why would you ask that of me?" Starscream questioned.

Echo flew over a short rock wall and said, "Well, you're a smart, handsome mech and I'd like to see you in action. I know you've only once got the chance to attempt to rule the Decepticons but now is your chance to rule them forever." Starscream thought about it. Decepticon king forever?

On top of that, Megatron would be ranks below him. He'd get to order him around. As he began to think about what he could do with the power of being a king, he failed to notice the huge rock wall in front of him until it was too late. Echo waited until he was too close to stop or dodge and shouted, "Starscream, watch out!" The seeker snapped out of his thoughts and screamed as he slammed into the rocks, causing a fiery explosion. Echo transformed and walked over. Pieces of Starscream fell to the ground and Echo held her servos out, catching the mech's severed helm.

"Oh, Starscream. You should know you would never be capable of ruling the Decepticons. It's much too difficult for someone who can't even pay attention where they're flying. Pity. I'm sure you might have actually been an okay king. Well, now I should go tell Megsy that you've passed. I'll miss you.....Okay, I lied. I won't miss you at all. Bye, darling." Echo spoke before drop kicking Starscream's helm into the air. She jumped up into the air and transformed, flying back to the Nemesis.

Don't text and fly, fellow Cybertronians.