Chapter 52 | Caught...

Start from the beginning

He nodded his said and put the water bottle in the back. I heard the some of wrappers and raised my eyebrow at at him. Only one thing came to my mind, candy.

I was disappointed to see just a packet that contained a small muffin. I frowned at Keith. "What is this?"

He rolled his eyes at me and threw it on my lap as he started the engine of the car. "Take it or leave it. The candy shop was closed and this is the normal thing I could find."

"Excuses," I mumbled as ripped the wrapper and munched down the muffin. "I want two Big Macs now." I told him.

He laughed, "Whoever finishes first gets a third."

"Challenge accepted."

We drove to the nearest McDonald's and got take out. Then we went to a park nearby and sat on a bench. Since it was dark, there weren't any kids here anymore. It was like they were replaced by the teens from the wrong side of the town. It was an unspoken rule, the park belonged to everyone from there during the dark. They did whatever they wanted and always outnumbered the cops - no matter how much force came but then again, these people had men on the inside so couldn't ever get into trouble.

This was the sick reality of this town. Which was one of the reasons why everyone went to the country club. Yet here we were, sitting on a park bench being stared at by people while we ate our food in silence. I didn't know about Keith but I preferred being away from country club. There were just too many people who would say 'it separates us from them.' That was Bullshit.

"So, are you looking forward to meeting some friends?" Keith asked me.

I barked out a laugh earning a few more glances in my direction. They knew who I was. Trace made sure of it and it was only a matter of time before something would happen but Keith and I promised to ignore it all for the two days we were here.

I shrugged my shoulders. Those friends were also another reason why I didn't want to go to the country club. They would ridicule me and I knew it wouldn't end nicely. It never did. "Are you?"

Keith mimicked my response. "No, I think we both are outcasts here."

I nodded my head as I munched down on my burger and then quickly sipping on my drink since I took a bigger than usual bite. "I can't believe I liked this place. I'm so glad dad got a house closer to the city. I only came here when I..." I trailed off because it was better left unspoken.

"Trust me, I am too. I always snorted shit under that tree. Every other other at 3 I'm the morning a guy would bring me a bag." He pointed at a tree not far from us. I turned to him in shock.

"Lets go somewhere else. It's just torture hitting here." I said as I stood up and tried to collect everything that was scattered around me.

Keith grabbed my hand and pulled me back down. "I've accepted it and now it's just a thing in the past. Plus, it makes me proud of myself." He grinned as he took the last bite of his burger. Oh shit.

"I'm proud of you too and all but Keith, that third burger is mine." I glared at him shortly as I sped up eating.

He laughed and stuck his tongue out at me. "Princess, I've already ate that."

I checked the bag and found the empty container lying at the bottom of the bag. He tricked me. "When?" My voice was low and I practically growled.

"When I was waiting for you to get back from the bathroom."

"But, yo- you could've told me! Cheater!"

He raised his hands in surrender as I smacked him a couple of times. He was enjoying this which only made me more furious. "I was going to tell you better I couldn't help it. I was really hungry."