"You better." Cole glared at her.

Blaine rolled his eyes at his brother's behavior. "Look, guys, I'll just wait in line with Cole to keep him company. The rest of you can go do whatever you want."

"Are you sure?" Alana asked.

Blaine nodded and motioned for them to leave. "Go, on get out of here. We'll see you in ten minutes."

Alana smiled and mouthed a thank-you. Before she could link her arm through Maya's, Koa suddenly came in between them with a mischievous smile. "Come on," he said. "Follow me."

"Where are we going?" Alana asked.

"Oh, you'll see."

When Alana glanced over Koa's shoulder, she saw that Maya and Jake were strolling away from the twins hand-in-hand. She suddenly realized why Koa had wanted to get away from them.

"Oh," she laughed. "I see. You're just giving the two lovebirds some space."

"Exactly." He winked.

Alana turned towards the pier and burst into a quick jog. "Come on!" she called over her shoulder. As they zigzagged their way through the crowd, Alana's flip-flops suddenly went from smacking on the pavement to thumping on the hollow wooden slats of the pier.

"Where are you going?" Koa wheezed.

"Over here," she said in between breaths. She finally slowed, took a look at her surroundings, and found an empty seat on a nearby bench. Koa plopped down next to her, and they watched the tourists flocking around the beach for a few minutes as the gentle sea breeze cooled them down.

As Alana and Koa walked away, Maya and Jake immediately gravitated towards each other.

"Well...I guess this means you're stuck with me," Maya said, causing Jake's heart to do a little flip.

"Oh, what a bummer," he replied. She laughed.

As they melted into the crowd, drifting away from the Anderson twins, Jake felt Maya reach out and grab his hand so that they wouldn't be separated. His heart pounded in his chest as they made their way towards Paradise Pier. He thought back to their sunset walk on the Promenade and to Maya's kiss on his cheek. They liked each other; that much was sure. Jake only wondered if Maya was ready to make it official.

Once they emerged from amongst the crowd, the pair threaded their way down to the sand and paused underneath the pier. The wide strip of shade provided by the structure was like a slice of heaven, and they eagerly kicked off their flip-flops to enjoy the cool sand. The sound of the swishing tide seemed magnified underneath the pier as it lapped against the sturdy pilings.

Maya released Jake's hand, but simultaneously gave him a smile, as if to make up for the lost contact. She stepped towards the water. "Let's see how cold it is."

Jake gratefully stepped into the ocean, allowing the tide to pool around his ankles. After marveling at the tiny shells and clinging mussels around them, Jake instinctively pulled Maya closer, his heart thudding. "Can I ask you something?" he said tentatively.

"Of course."

"What do you think? About us, I mean?"

Maya bit her bottom lip, trying to keep her smile from growing larger. "I think you're straight and to the point."