"Oh."

"Tell me about it. But the good news is, Dad's taking my side. He wants Cole to go."

"Really?"

Blaine chuckled. "If there's one thing my Dad hates, it's Cole moping around the house. Believe me, if he gets a chance to send Cole away for a little bit, he'll take it."

Alana smiled broadly. "So you guys are going?"

"We'll pick you up bright and early Saturday morning," Blaine confirmed.

Alana bit her lip to keep back a squeal of excitement. "Great! I'm so glad you guys can come! Tell your dad he's, like, my favorite person right now."

"Will do," Blaine laughed. "So listen, I've gotta go run some last-minute errands for my dad, but I wanted to let you know this surfing safari sounds epic. I can't wait."

"Me neither." Alana was bursting with excitement.

"Well, I'll talk to you later."

"Bye." As soon as they hung up, Alana let out a sigh of relief. She couldn't wait to tell the rest of the gang the great news.

They were going on the surfer!

With a massive yawn, Cole stumbled downstairs, still in his boxers and still half-asleep. He blinked slowly and glanced around the kitchen before finally coming up with a coherent thought. He plugged in the coffee maker on the kitchen counter and groggily went through the motions of making breakfast.

"'Morning," Mr. Anderson greeted, suddenly coming around the corner.

Cole jumped. "Sheesh! You didn't have to scare me."

He merely smiled and reached over Cole's back to get some bacon out of the refrigerator. "Mind if I help?"

"Um, yes."

Mr. Anderson stared in disbelief. "So you're voluntarily making breakfast right now?"

"It's five in the freaking morning. I'm only making myself breakfast."

"Language," Mr. Anderson warned.

"I don't even know why my alarm went off so early anyway," Cole muttered.

His dad raised an eyebrow. "Surfing safari? A trip down the coast? Ring any bells?"

Cole didn't reply. His father watched him for a few moments, frowning at his son's sullen expression. "Alright, I'll leave you alone. I know you don't want your old man around to bother you. Blaine should be coming downstairs any minute."

Cole remained silent, pondering what to say next. Just as Mr. Anderson was about to head back upstairs, he suddenly asked, "Do I have to go?"

"Where? On the surf trip?" Mr. Anderson laughed. "Of course. I shouldn't even have to answer that question."

Cole set his jaw. "I hate it."

"Don't be like that. Surfing is your passion; you should make the most of this trip. It's a once-in-a-lifetime thing. You and Blaine are blessed to—"

"Blessed?" Cole interrupted, rolling his eyes. "If I don't want to go, then this isn't a blessing."

Mr. Anderson wasn't startled in the least by Cole's retort. If anything, he seemed to have been expecting it. "Well, then at least have a better attitude about it," he said before disappearing up the stairs.