Taylor mulled his words over in her mind for a few moments. "Are you sure you're going?" she asked.

"It's not set in stone, but there's a good chance I am."

She sighed and folded her arms over her chest. "You're going with that Alana girl, aren't you?"

"Well, duh, she's part of the gang."

"She's a joke. I don't know why you even hang out with her."

Cole smirked. "What's it to you?"

Taylor didn't reply, but let out an angry huff.

"I knew it—you are jealous."

"Because I see the way you look at her, Cole! It's like you're obsessed or something."

"Why would I be obsessed with Alana?" The question was phrased perfectly, but it tasted foul in his mouth.

"Whatever. I'll talk to you later, Anderson."

Cole raised an eyebrow. "So now we're on a last-name basis?"

"Only with you, babe." She returned the nozzle to its pump before slipping inside her car. Cole watched as she slipped a pair of sunglasses over her eyes, put the car into reverse, and backed away. He couldn't get over the feeling that every time Taylor walked away, she left him wanting more.

Blaine pushed open the front door and automatically made a beeline for the fridge. "I'm home!" he called.

Mr. Anderson appeared in the doorway a few moments later. "You're eating chicken?" he asked as Blaine dug into the leftovers.

"Yeah," he said with his mouth full.

His dad laughed and shook his head. "I thought you just ate lunch."

Blaine merely shrugged.

"So how did it go? You said it was a meeting?" Mr. Anderson asked, genuinely curious. He rested his elbows on the countertop.

"Cole hasn't told you about it?"

"Cole isn't home yet."

"Oh." Blaine paused for a moment, then resumed eating his chicken. He crossed his ankles as he leaned up against the refrigerator. "Well, apparently Alana and Koa have been thinking about taking a surf trip down the coast. It would be just the six of us, and we would be gone for about two weeks, maybe more."

"Really."

"Yeah, really."

"It sounds great, but what about food? Gas? Transportation? And you would need a whole lot of money."

"That's what we've been talking about." Blaine licked his fingers and stuck the remaining chicken back inside the fridge. "Cole stormed out of the restaurant after Alana suggested he should use the Volkswagen."

Mr. Anderson raised his eyebrows. "I'll admit that van is pretty old, and it does mean a lot to your brother—"

"Maya would bring her family's campervan too. That's where we would sleep."

"And I'm guessing you would all chip in for gas?"

Blaine nodded. His father stroked his chin for a few seconds, deep in thought. "I don't know when you guys plan to leave, but you and Cole are free to go. It sounds like a fun surf trip."