Chapter 3

When Hermione woke the following morning with her arms around Harry, she thought she couldn't possibly feel happier. All the horror of the past year seemed like a distant memory. She wanted to feel again what she felt last night. But Harry was still asleep, so Hermione wrapped a nightgown around herself, made a cup of tea and went to sit on the balcony as the sun crept over the horizon and rose higher.

Harry slowly stirred awake when the sun hit his pillow. He felt good, better than he had in a long time. In fact, Harry couldn't help but also feel a bit proud about himself, after he and Hermione had rather successfully survived their mutual "first time." He had heard some awful stories about the "first time" from some of the other students at Hogwarts.

He wondered why he hadn't done this before, or even really tried with anyone else. Then Harry thought that maybe it was because nobody else was Hermione.

Harry got out of bed and put his own robe on, wondering if Hermione would like to have another go in bed. Hermione looked up at Harry when he approached her. A cold gust of wind blew his robe open and Hermione giggled when Harry cursed and covered himself up. She had been waiting for him to wake up.

"Yes," Hermione said smiling, when she responded to Harry's unspoken question. "I would like to. But stay here Harry, its nice up here.