A sneaky peaky of book two (just cause)

Hey guys... so... not really an update for this book, but... I kind of had this scene in my head the other day of something that I wanted to happen in Immortali BOOK 2 (and yes, there will be a book 2)

This book will include a bunch of new characters that you haven't met yet, and the two that i'm going to introduce you to right now are crucial, and will even have their own short backstories once BOOK 1 is completed. I hope you love them as much as I do, and just tell me what you think of this excerpt and whether or not it's got you hyped up for book two. Enjoy!

Btw, Pyra's name is pronouned P- ear (like the thing you hear with)- a (as in tap)

It's derived from the greek root pyro, which means something like fire, or burn. It's supposed to be symbolic of Pyra being a Phoenix. 

Cool Scenes for Book 2...

The light of the Rune Door burned their eyes. And, when their sight cleared, Raina and Pyra found themselves looking down a narrow, trash-littered alley.

"Classy," Pyra grumbled.

Raina shrugged. "It has a certain... charm to it," she said diplomatically.

She heard Pyra sniff. "No offense, but I think that's the smell."

Raina frowned. Right, down to business. They were here for a reason. "Isn't there supposed to be a blue haired girl being chased by a demon?"

"That's what the Seer said in her message. Do you want me to quote it? Ok, well, I'm going to anyway." She heard the auburn haired girl clear her throat before reading off a piece of paper with a particularly nasally voice. "This morning I thought it worth reporting that a demon, most likely of the lower variety, was seen chasing what appeared to be a young girl with bright blue hair through the streets of New York. Humans did not notice the demon, and barely paid the girl any heed. Indicates that the demon is cloaked, so only those with Second Sight can see it. I trust that someone will be sent to follow up on this immediately."

Raina nodded, biting her lip. "Was the voice really necessary?"

"I don't know. The Seer sounded like one of those stuck up, picky, can't-mind-their-own-business kind of people. You know... like, the ones who are never happy with anything."

"Never happy with anything?" Raina repeated in mock surprise. "Oh, my! Pyra that sounds just like you."

Pyra scowled at her. "Shut up. I'm only unhappy when I have to do what I'm told."

"If that's true, then you should be happy all the time, because you never do what you're told."

"That's not true. Ari told me not to set the house on fire. So far, so good."

"She also told you not to break anything. How's that working for you so far?"

Unsurprisingly, Pyra bit her lip and looked up. Raina rolled her eyes. "What have you managed to break?"

"So far?"

"Sorry, what?"

"So far. You wanted to know what I've broken... so far."

"There's more than one?"

"Yep. It's a wonder Ari hasn't realised. I guess she probably wouldn't notice one crystal glass missing, though, once the number rose to three, I thought I was in for it. And let's not forget that valuable looking scarab necklace. I had to kick what was left of it under a couch. Phew! Wonder how long it'll take her to realise that her cheap little tourist trinket from Egypt is broken?"