So, Devin

Before I start. That is not his real name. I just looked up a random name online that's what I got.

Devin is a student at my school.

He is the only other trans person at my school.

He so cool and he is the very first person I am able to talk to comfortably about gender and sexuality and my family, at my school.

I finally found someone like me at my school. 

We have a buddy thing at my school where my be 50-100 (i don't know really how many. ) get chosen to just get taken out of class and hang out and we go on trips and stuff.

With this system, 2 people are chosen out of the 50-100, as buddies. 1 is in grade 10,11, or 12 who is called the senior buddy. The other is in 7,8, or 9 who is called the junior buddy.

The senior buddy is the one who goes to they're assigned junior buddy and pulls them out of class.

The two of them can roam around the school and pretty much do whatever. They just hang out. Usually for about 20-30 minutes so that they still have class time.

Devin got chosen as my senior buddy and when we are together we are able to just talk and hang out. He usually takes me out of class for the entire period so we don't have to go back to class for more then 10 minutes.

Devin being chosen as my buddy is really cool and funny at the same time.

They usually assign your buddy as someone of your gender. Unless they can't. I find this funny because Devin and I are, I think, the only two trans-males in the school. Who your even them knowing, they put 2 males together who both where born female.

But the point I'm trying to get across if that Devin makes me feel comfortable in my school. Devin is the reason that I plan on coming out to my school.

You may think that I'm lucky to have someone like Devin in my school. No. You have someone like Devin in your school I know you do. My school is the smallest school that I have ever been in. A school that is your size has to have someone like Devin. You are not alone.