In the afternoon, I start searching for a random photo of my happy face to post it online, courtesy of the company's publicists suggestion who demanded I should post more often to create an image something that the fans would adore and believe but would not show my daily struggle. That is pretty much his words.

All of a sudden my phone starts ringing and I jump in my skin. The screen reads Ethan Kingstone. Why's he calling me?

"Hello?" I answer with a shaky voice. This must be the very first time he's calling me.

"Evelyn? This is Ethan Kingstone. Are you available right now?" he asks. All of a sudden my phone starts ringing and I jump in my skin. The screen reads Ethan Kingstone. Why's he calling me?

"Hello?" I answer with a shaky voice. This must be the very first time he's calling me.

"Evelyn? This is Ethan Kingstone. Are you available right now?" he asks. Yeah, I know who you are, no need to reassure me.

"Um, yeah, sure. What's up?" I ask, instantly screwing my face in a disgust. What's up? Really?

"I have bad news. I've just received a call from your father. He informed me that the company's worth is dropping drastically and it's time to move before the bank would indulge in. I've made my decision and I thought you'd be the first person to know about it." He finishes on a pause as if waiting for my reaction. I'm too astonished to answer him.

Time is running low on us. That means by each second, I'm getting closer to my fate. And considering that I haven't told Chris yet makes me want to vomit with anxiety.

"I've decided to help you and your family. Although I strongly disagree with this arrangement but seeing as things will be difficult for you and your family, I could not say no. I don't want to be the cause of your misery even though your father's impulsive decisions have brought the company down." He spats.

Can he be more aggressive and insulting? I think not. I think he managed to insult me and my family twice. One by considering himself the savior and the only hope of our family, which sad truth is he's right, and that he openly insulted my father.

Giving him the sympathy he doesn't deserve, I understand his opinion, after all, I feel the same way. My life is being sacrificed over one's mistake.

"So, I think we should meet somewhere tomorrow to finish my contract. I'll have my lawyer on it right now. If you wish to have your lawyer look over so no one would be deficient. We should also appear more in public. Hollywood would blow at our sudden marriage." He pauses, realizing my silent, "Evelyn, say something,"

"I don't have a lawyer." I find my voice.

"You should have one. I'll hire one for you if that's ok. I'll pay the expense, don't worry about that." he says.

"Thanks," I take a deep breath. "What about Lorena?" I ask him.

There is a long pause as if he's contemplating what to say.

"I haven't spoken to her since last night. But I'll handle her," he hesitates. "Believe it or not, I thought she and I get somewhere." He confesses.

Yeah, tell me about it. This time, I don't take this as an insult. That's the ugly truth there. I start making the presumption that his intention in saying those words was to signal me that he couldn't wait until our agreement is over. I force a smile even though he can't see me.

"Yeah," I reply. "I... can imagine." Shaking my head, I distance the phone and mouth to myself 'What the f*ck!'.

"Can I get your publicist's number?" He asks,