Victor

He couldn't take his eyes off of her, she was beautiful. Much more than he had imagined and he had spend a great deal of time trying to picture her. Her eyes were clear blue and sparkling. Her hair was down but the blonde waves were perfect. Her smile stunned him so much that when he went to stand he bumped the table so hard it sent a jolt all the way down his leg.

Once he had pulled her chair out and they were sitting across from one another he was no longer sure what to do. Should he wait for her to comment on the food, interrupt her thoughts to point it out? While he was trying to put his thoughts together he almost missed the fact that she was staring at him.

"What?" He asked, slightly worried she was disappointed. He wasn't the most attractive person ever to ask her out, even Andy probably looked better than him. Visually at least.

"Just soaking it in." She said and he sighed, the room was distracting her. While that was half its purpose he was actually really excited to talk to her in person. 

He just didn't know what to say.

"We should probably eat." She said, "These don't hold heat as well as you'd think." 

Victor nodded and stood, bumping the table again but not enough to bruise this time. He cursed himself, if only this wasn't so important to him then he would actually be better at it. Manners and niceties were habits for him but they were hard to do when he had to think about it.

He pulled the heat covers off and set them aside before sitting in his own chair, glancing up at her as he prepared to eat. Was she happy? She was smiling, but that didn't mean everything. His mother smiled a lot and she was never happy.

"Vicky." She laughed, "Stop staring or I'm going to blush again."

"Oh, sorry. I'm just trying to gauge your reaction." He admitted.

"My reaction?" She mused, "Thoroughly impressed, amazed, awe struck. No one has ever done anything like this for me and I have no idea how to react."

"Be yourself." Victor said, "Otherwise I'm probably going to be the most awkward person alive."

Klair laughed and nodded, "Deal, but then you have to do something for me."

"Anything?" He phrased it like a question but Victor was pretty sure just about anything she asked of him he would do.

"Pass the Parmesan."

Victor looked from her to the cheese and back, she was biting her lip trying not to give away anything but he knew her tone of voice. He had spent hours on the phone with her. She was trying to lighten the mood. He couldn't help the laugh that escaped him and soon they were both laughing.

"There, now you relaxed." She laughed wiping a tear away.

"Nothing says romance like Parmesan cheese." Victor chuckled and started twirling his fork around.

"Exactly, once we finish eating do we have to leave or...?" 

"Actually I booked the library for the rest of the day, though others might interrupt briefly to get a book."

"Good, cause once I'm done eating I'm totally going to draw you." Klair laughed at his expression, he looked like a deer caught in the headlight. "I've been wanting to since you got my phone number and I will not be waiting any longer."

Victor didn't say anything but the blush that coated his cheeks made Klair smile, he was an odd mix between commanding rich person and awkward teen and she loved watching him switch between the two.