Klair

Klair stood on the last step of the staircase leading to the top floor of the library. She didn't move as she looked into the room with eyes wide with surprise.

The walls of the library were covered in books, mostly older ones, but strung around the shelves were small lights on a string. She remembered hearing once that they were called fairy lights, she had never felt like they really deserved that name until now.

The main overhead lights were turned off and sitting on various shelves and other surfaces were little candles making the room feel smaller and more welcoming.

Klair felt as though she had just entered another world, one with magic and no pressure.

"Wow." She breathed as her eyes finally settled on the center of the table. 

"Do you like it?" The guy sitting at the table rushed to stand up and knocked his knee against the bottom of the table. He looked down and hesitated, obviously trying not to curse.

"Its amazing." Klair laughed while trying to hide her blush, knowing that he had done all this just for her. She took another step into the room and he managed to stand without injuring himself. The table was set with two candles in the center and two plates of spaghetti under glass domes she recognized from the restaurant, they were used to keep food warm as it was taken to the table.

Victor pulled her chair out for her and she couldn't help the heat radiating off her face, no one had ever done anything remotely like this for her before. Sure they had asked her to the fair and ran around having fun with her, but this was different. It was a calmer sort of magic, one that made her feel right at home. 

He stumbled into his chair across from her and she finally stopped looking around the room to look at him. He had warm brown eyes and short cropped brown hair. She had probably seen him before and barely spared him a glance. Now though she could see the warmth in his eyes, the smile forming on his lips, and the kindness on his face.

"What?" He asked, noticing her attention was on him now.

"Nothing, just soaking it in." Klair answered and leaned back in her chair, still trying to convince herself this was all for her.