30

Vicky! You answered!

You've called me forty times in the last two days, rather than get my phone confiscated in class I thought answering you might solve my problem.

Vicky, I'm not trying to be confusing.

My name is Victor.

I'm trying to keep you safe.

That's a load of crap and you know it.

Fine! You want all the gory details! Fine!

Klair-

I have a stalker.

What?

He follows me around, makes advances. Last year I went on a date with someone, a nice guy. And this stalker beat him to a pulp. The guy had to get stitches, he had a cast on his arm for months. I will not let that happen to you. I have been trying for months to get a restraining order but they think he isn't a threat to me.

Why wouldn't he get mad at me for sending you flowers? Or gifts?

Because to him it just means you admire me, people are allowed to admire me but the second I start admiring them back- that's when he goes ballistic.

... I'm sorry.

It's not your fault, it's just not something I like talking about. He has an out of control crush, it's not something that should ruin his life.

You are so kind...

Not really, I'm starting to resent him. Not to mention the restraining order will be on his permanent record.

Still, to even care... Klair, I'll call you later.

You better!

I feel like a complete ass for ignoring you.

You were a complete ass. I'll forgive you on one condition.

By all means.

Phone me back later?

I promise.