3 | S. Salvatore [1]

« Imagine, Stefan want's a human future with you

« Imagine, Stefan want's a human future with you. So, he takes the cure. »

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"I want to get married, have children, grow old..." You muttered to your boyfriend who sat next to you, his hand tightly wrapped in yours and occasionally giving it a squeeze.

Your boyfriend was Stefan Salvatore. A vampire. He can't age nor can he make children. He's always been saddened that he can't give you the future you want.

"I want to do that all with you, Stefan. You're my future." You sigh to yourself, bowing your head as you closed your eyes momentarily, knowing he can't give you these things.

You felt a finger under your chin, flicking your head up ever so slowly and turning you to look at him. Your eyes opening slowly to be greeted by Stefan's gorgeous face, his deep-green eyes looking directly into yours.

"Y/N." He whispered softly, taking both your hands into his.

"I have been alive for so long and I've seen everything I wish to see. I've fallen in love many times and had my heart broken each time. I used to think my life was permanently cursed ever since I became a vampire. I felt like things could only get worse from there on out. But, I was wrong. I hadn't met you yet. When I'm with you, I forget I'm a monster. I forget all the bad things I've done, I forget my bad past, I forget all the regrets, I forget the amount of times I've wanted everything to end because I can't bear the amount of guilt I have inside me, and that's because of you. You make me human. Being a vampire was and is a curse, you can only live for so long until you've seen everything and life becomes a video stuck on repeat. I've never met anyone that's made me feel as alive as you do, I want that future with you, and that's why—"

He paused for a moment, letting you take in the words as a small smile tugged at your lips. His hand's momentarily parted from yours leaving them to linger in the coldness between you before he placed his hands back into yours, a small object sitting between your hands.

"I'm going to take this." Stefan spoke, his hands moving away from yours as you looked down at them.

In your hands lay the small capsule of blood that was the cure to vampirism. You almost choked on your breath, suprised to even be holding it as your eyes widened greatly.

"Stefan no, I can't make you do that for me." You shook your head countless times, handing him the cure and keeping it locked in his palms.

"Then don't think of it as all for you. I've wanted to be a human ever since I was forced to become a vampire. I've seen everything I've wanted to see, lived the lives I've wanted to live. It doesn't get any better than this. I want a future, I want my family to expand, I want a chance to live that with someone and be happy. I want to experience things as they come, as a human." He reassured you.

You let out a giant breath, your palms loosening slightly on Stefan's hands that held the cure in them.

"So, it's not all about me?" You joked, letting out a short laugh.

Stefan grinned in amusement, bowing his head and looking at his feet before looking back up at you.

"Mostly you." He smiled.

Both your eyes wandered down to Stefan's hands, the cure sitting there patiently as if it was waiting to be drunk. You both took a deep breath, Stefan closing his eyes momentarily before opening them back up and smiling at you. He took the cure into his fingers, popping the cap off the end and hovering it underneath his nose, his jaw clenching at the smell as his eyes closed once again. His entire life was about to change with one simple step.

"I love you." You whispered quietly, reaching your hand out and grabbing onto his free one.

"I love you too." He opened his eyes, smiling at you.

He brought the small capsule closer to his lips, gently lifting his head back as the edges of the container touched his lips, his head tilting further back until the blood gently dripped out into his mouth, and with that Stefan placed it futher towards his mouth, letting the solution enter his throat and swallowing.

Upon being done, he dropped the cure from his hands, his jaw clenching once again as his eyes closed and he took a deep breath through his nose, the grip on your hand momentarily squeezing tight as if he was experiencing flashbacks or some form of pain.

His eyes opened yet again, his head quickly turning to you as you both looked suprised at eachother. Neither of you had to speak, he just gently nodded his head at you, letting you know he was okay, both your mouths forming into smiles.