White lies

Matthew arrived before Edward was home. This was the time to grab whatever he came with and packed it in his suitcases. He looked at the rest of stuff on the closet that was hung... designer clothes... He imagined a rich life filled with these things and trips to different countries and such. Having a hot loving boyfriend would not go bad with all that. His thoughts brought him back to reality.

  Both prospects were beautiful but he knew in his heart that he dreaded leaving Ryan more than Edward. He felt out of place living such a fantasy without knowing someday it might end. Yes, both boys protected him and it wasn't about who was nicer. It was about really listening to his heart instead of his head. His head would have told him Ryan somewhat began to cheat on him before they departed, but his heart knew they had grown fonder and perhaps way more attached during the difficult times.

  There was an air of sadness when he looked around, but there was more happiness coming up when he thought of going to Ryan.

  He didn't have to wait much longer for Edward to show up at home with his backpack in hand.

  "Hi my love! How was your day?"
  "I... I have something to tell you."
  "Go on..."

  Matthew allowed him to drop his bag and close the door before he spoke. All this silence began to worry Edward. Slowly, he walked toward him.

  "I'm going back home."
  "Sure, I told you you should visit."
  "N-no... I am going for a longer while."
  "Wait what? Why... how come?"

  Matthew's eyes betrayed his plans since he looked toward the bedroom.  Suspicious, Edward looked at the same direction and the sense of guilt Matthew faced him with, made Edward's doubts grow.

  He went inside his room and saw the luggage already set. He came back to Matthew Nervously.

  "You packed your luggage? This better be good." He crossed his own arms.
  "I... I don't feel we can be together at this point."
  "Well what do you mean? I treat you good, give you anything you want and more. I even defended you in front of my dad. I don't understand."

  His body fell on the sofa. He began shaking and crying.

  "Edward... I'm very sorry but I have to figure out a lot of things in my head. I like you but I have to be ready for you if I am to live here with you."
  "No... you said you loved me! I believed you! Why?"
  "Look... I do love you but just need time alone. "

  Edward looked at him so cold, it almost looked threatening. He couldn't understand what went wrong.  After a few minutes of quiet, Edward spoke again.

  "I take it you are leaving today, since it's all packed."
  "I... yes."
  "So it is decided then. You didn't want to consult my feelings... Fine. I'll take you out of my house. I'll put your luggage in the taxi since you can't carry heavy."

  Matthew tried to stop him from doing so, but he went back in his room and saw the open closet door. A coat peeking out made him go look a bit closer. That's when he began to realize. He went and opened the drawers too and upset, he went to Matthew.

  "So, you are leaving all I gave you? It's very impolite to refuse presents, you know that right? Or you just don't want to think of the good times. Do you want to forget me? Is that it?"
  " I can't understand what was so bad unless...  Be honest."
  "I am going to live with my mom."
  "But your parents hate each other. I thought you were safe here."
  "My mom divorced my dad."
  "I still don't understand you!! You said you LOVED me! I want you to take all I gave you if you do."
  "I don't need it."
  "But it's yours! And... are you planning to ever come back? Because you better be clear now."
  "I'm not sure."
  "So you are really breaking up with me. I have to be sure."
  "Yes."
  "Wow. I can't believe you, I mean, I understand how lives change but I gave you everything. This makes no sense, unless my father. Did he say anything to you?"
  "No."
  "Then I don't get it... Wait, you are going back home... to your ex?"