The deal

Next morning, still used to waking up much earlier, Matthew woke up around 7:00am. He realized there was still an arm around him. Looking to his side, he remembered he practically had forced Ryan to sleep over. He didn't want to move. There was a knock at his door. There was a note being slid through his door. The sound of the paper over the wooden floor alarmed him. Quickly he sat up, and climbing over his bed, he grabbed it. There was money in it.

"Take it. Take Ryan out for lunch. I'll be back late ❤️ mom."

Matthew smiled, he began to be curious. He threw on pants and walked outside his bedroom zipping up a hoodie. He caught his mom by the kitchen.

"Good morning mom."
"Hey sunshine! Still used to New York huh."
"Yes." He chuckled.
"Please use the money. I trust Ryan will be happy you took him out for lunch."

He was about to talk, but she gave him a knowing look. She put a hand up, and said:

"I know, I know. Just don't let your father catch you boys. While I'm here, you are safe."
"You know??" He inquired.
"Son, there's nothing hidden under the sun. I love you and I respect you. Just use condoms."
"Mom!"
"Matthew... You never know. Please be safe and don't argue. You'll thank me later."
"Ok mom."
"Hey, I deal with lots of things every day. I just want a healthy son. Can't blame me."

She was right... In a hospital, nurses can be all kinds of things. Mothers, friends, confidants and psychologists. Nothing leaves those walls, but oh, they know.

"Mom, can we... can we... talk later?"
"This should be interesting. Of course son! Now go back upstairs. It's early."

Camille kissed him good bye. She grabbed her purse and went out the door. Matthew still held the envelope in his hands with a puzzled look on his face. What had just happened? He scratched his head in confusion and remembering what was waiting for him upstairs he made his way back up with a huge smile.

  Still sleepy, Ryan's head peeked out of the duvet. When he realized it was Matthew, he extended his arms to call him back to bed.

  "You better wake up."
  "Why? It's 7:00am"
  "My mom really does know."
  "You told her?"

  His expression was priceless. His jaw dropped and his eyebrows went as high as they could. Matthew giggled, and covered his face at that reaction. Seeing that, Ryan threw the covers aside and jumped out rushing to his side. He was about to grab him by the arm when Matthew said.

  "I thought you were cold and sleepy."
  "I am cold, but I want to know."

  Matthew looked at him top to bottom. He really looked beautiful, even more so with his turquoise trunk briefs.  He opened his hoodie and brought him in it.  Ryan embraced him. There was a grin in Matthew's face.

"So tell me what happened?" Ryan insisted.
  "You are so cute..."
  "Matthew, what happened?" He pouted.
  " Ok, that's blackmail! Fine... She just told me she knew, and to use condoms."
  "No way! Wait... So you are obvious to her?"
  "No, but I'll ask her later.  She said we are safe with her, but to be careful with my dad."

Ryan gasped. Then he leaned over his friend's shoulder, snuggling up to him.

"Ryan..."
"Mmm?"
"Do you want to be my boyfriend?"

His head rose like a bent spring. His eyes widened and stared at the set of blue eyes he had in front. They really were light turquoise.

"Ohh... Matthew!"- He heard himself say.

He leaned forward and tried kissing him, but Matthew pulled back and rested his butt against his desk.

"No, first you have to tell me."
"That's cheating!"
"Well answer my question". Matthew insisted.