Togetherness

The day that Matthew went to the doctor to have his cast removed, he cried. He was finally free from a binding situation.

  To him it meant he could partially let go of the fearful memory of a car crashing against him. Also he would be able to move with more ease and finally he would start really moving on about not associating his daily sensations with Ryan.

  Once the doctor sent him home, he walked with Edward out of that office crying... When Edward asked what was wrong, he hugged him and for the first time in a long time, he was able to feel his own height against his friend.   His hands clenched the frim shoulders and his head sank in between Edward's shoulder.  The way their bodies actually fit surprised him and he held on to that embrace for a while. What he felt was a mixture of emotions between happiness and sadness, along with relief. More than anything, he was glad he had someone trustworthy for comfort.

  Even if Edward felt embarrassed being stared at in the middle of the hallway by passerby people, he held onto Matthew, until he finally let go of his uncomfortable feeling and embraced the warm sensation.

  "I'm sorry... It's just a lot of things in my mind right now. I just know I don't have to have that awful thing around me anymore. I can move!"

  He separated from his smiling friend who nodded in agreement.

  That night they slept in peace, kind of cuddling and waking up constantly because of the freedom of movement. Somehow they kept on hugging one another, perhaps out of habit, maybe comfort.

  The next couple of weeks many things happened. Matthew started getting incorporated to "going out of the house" activities. His mom was overly ecstatic about his cast being removed. She still gave him several caution warns, which he answered with "I know..."

  When he asked about his dad... Camille was quiet and after a short pause, she responded he was okay with an air of hesitation. Unavoidably that worried Matthew but he tried ignoring that feeling when he remembered his father rejected him. The rest of the time, they spoke of how she would support him with school and living with his friend still.

  Camille casually asked about Edward but with Matthew's indifferent answer she thought her suspicions of them getting together were gone. That call ended with a promise of her to visit him soon.

  Matthew went on about his days with ease and doing everything in his power to get completely healed, as well as entirely changing his major. He one day surprised Camille saying he wanted to study Graphic design.  However, she was very supportive of anything he chose.

  Things started changing with his friend... They would go out more often to dinners, movies, museums, even bars! Matthew would get conscious about Edward paying for some of his stuff, but Edward would reply "Nonsense! You are my friend! Besides, my father is the one paying." His excuse was that if his father had abandoned him, might as well compensate his absence with paying for what made him happy.

  One night, after both Edward and Matthew had fallen asleep, Matthew woke up. He was cozy and warm... Edward's hair brushed his shoulder. The thumping of his heart came back. In darkness, he felt more confident and closer to his friend. Perhaps it was that and the strengthened bond of closeness between them that pushed him to take action upon his desire. He gulped before moving his arm towards Edward. Inch by inch he slipped his hand through the warm sheets toward that warm resting body. Soon his hand met Edward's thighs... Softly he rubbed his friend's warm underwear.

  He would have stopped himself but Edward moaned softly, grabbing his hand, pressing it against his crotch. Matthew widened his eyes in shock but did not resist. Soon he closed his eyes at the sensation. A soft voice whispered in his ear.