❝ Strangers ❞

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing alone at night?" He questioned, continuing to drive.

"I attended a huge party knowing that is going to be a blast and I merely forgot about my time limit. I expected this to happen, no buses, no travel." You try to pull off a funny thought that literally happened to you this night, gladly, he chuckled.

"Yeah, buses sucked these days but there was no excuse, busy season equals busy schedules. Who knows what they're busy living for?" He exclaimed.

"I guess you're right, didn't see that coming."

"Been there. Maybe next time you should maintain your party going, clubs ain't formal." He shrugged.

Is he thinking that you went club partying? You thought and you laugh to yourself.

"Actually, it's a reunion. Senior high." You correct, making him realize.

"Oh, my bad. I'm such a bad impressionist, every time, it doesn't match." He laughs, joining him too.

"It's fine. My assumption didn't quite match yours as well." You entered.

"Really? What was it?"

"No offense but, I assumed you one of those drunk guys roaming the streets and worse, some kind of a kidnapper." The both of you laugh in sync.

"Seriously?"

"Yes, if you're worried with a woman alone in a bus stop, I'm worried with a stranger literally pumping a horn towards someone in all of the sudden. No joke, I'm quite startled." You kept laughing all the way as your travel goes further to your destination.

Not for long, a few chortles and hilarious banters after, you finally made it home safe and entertained with the guy beside you.

"Your home looks great. I like it." He compliments as a slight grin spread across your face.

"Is that your way of asking me my number?" You joked, making his eyes widen.

"I'm just kidding." — — —

"Well, would you give it if I am? Because honestly, I'm about to." He shrugged smirking.

"Of course."

The both of you had a moment of exchanging numbers and after that, you thank him non-stop as you held the door handle. When you're about to step off, he allegedly pressed the clutch startling you more and terribly.

"What the heck." You glanced at him with a dorky smile.

"Didn't catch your name yet." Oops.

"It's Y/N, you?"

"The handsome Cole." He smiled.

"It's very nice meeting you, thank you again, for dropping me by. I'll see you around, Cole." — and then the car moves abruptly again, scratching your shoe heel lightly. You stared at him again only seeing him with a silly grin.

"You're welcome?"

"Okay, what do you want Cole?" You sigh.

"Are you really tired? Because I'm not and if you're not too, we could go driving again and hangout a little bit longer. What d'ya say?"

This boy is unbelievable. Personally, you love his company, he's a great jester, a carefree person and he's easy to hang around with. If you're going to have admit things at this moment, you are indeed tired and somewhat needed a rest so bad. But could this be it? The destined person?

"A yes is never a no." You smile wider, closing the car door again.

You have no idea how this happened. Of course, a limited road trip in a huge city is fun especially around with Cole whom you just met this night. The clock could strike in in an early morning hour but you'll be careless to the nonstop talking and laughing with Cole.

Foods, window shopping, giggles, foods and many fun to have inside his Rover. It was your childhood since your last happiness where you could care less in everything and now it's back with a different person.

Soon enough, you'll arrive home at four, felt like jet lagged but satisfied. Cole would ask you for a date which he spoke awkwardly and you though it's adorable but you agreed anyway.

Thinking earlier before this happened, you thought that this might just be perfect coincidence, well unfortunately it is. Actually, it's a perfect serendipity with the perfect stranger. And in furthermore, you'll know Cole deeper than you could.

It's just the beginning.

▪️▪️▪️▪️

A/N: — reunions are happening these days, my mom is having a bunch & its killing me smh :( lol 😂

ps: — btw, this is short sorry 😐

galbraithfrase 💕