You Can't Run, nor Hide

Your POV

When Dark left, I couldn't help but feel like something was terribly wrong. He's been gone for a while and it's eating at me. I'd honestly rather have him in my head, that way I at least know where he is. But this, this is just horrifying. And I know he's gone after Mark, but I can't do anything about it. What am I to do? I'm powerless against him.

The most I might do is aggravate him even more.

I continuously paced back and forth, unable to do anything. The air around me felt thick, like it knew something was wrong. That just put me on edge even more.

My mind raced with unanswered question.

What is he up to?
Why is he doing this?
Where did he go the first time?

My train of thought was abruptly stopped by a banging on my door. To say it made me jump out of my skin would be an understatement. They banged again. I was so terrified of everything at this point I just thought that if I don't answer, they'll go away.
I didn't think as to who it could be, I was just scared.

The banging didn't come a third time, instead a loud crash and the person came rushing in after breaking through the door. I couldn't describe the feeling I felt when I saw him.
Mark, I was glad to see him, but terrified as well. Why would he be in such a panic? He looked out of sorts and he came up to me.

He hugged me and I flinched, not knowing what to do. He pulled away with concern.
"It's ok, it's just me. Are you alright? " he asked quickly, holding onto my hands. I didn't answer and he asked again, this time I nodded.

It seemed like a wave of relief hit him slightly before he tensed up again.
"Alright, we have to go. Now" he said, pulling me towards the door.
I had an idea of what he could be wanting to get me away from. But what didn't click was that why was he trying to run when Dark can infiltrate our minds.

Needlessly, I still followed. We we're right at the door as he was talking while we walked.
"I'll explain everything later, I just need to get you somewhere safe. I-" he was cut off by the door slamming shut and locking on it's own.
"Fuck! " he yelled, pulling at the door.

The lights blew out and it seemed to get darker than usual. No, it was darker than usual. It was like an extra blanket of darkness covered the entire room.
"No no no" he shouted again and turned to me. His eyes darting to every corner of the room, as if looking for something, or someone. Mark held into my shoulders and said
"Y/n, listen to me. I'm so sorry this happened, I never meant for this, I never wanted you to get hurt"

"Really? Could've fooled me" that menacing voice throttled through the darkness. Mark put me behind him protectively, staring into the nothingness before us.
"Leave her alone"
Dark's laugh bounced off the walls, making it sound like he was all around us.

"Cut the crap, Mark" he said coldly, immediately dropping the laugh. Though he was still not visible. It made shivers run through my body.
"Leave her out of this, this isn't about  her" Mark claimed.

Oh Mark, you don't know.

"On the contrary, she's the centre of it" Dark stated firmly, now appearing from the black shroud.

Seeing him again, in the flesh, was beyond horrifying. Even more than the first time he came. Then he was controlling Mark's body, but now, Mark was standing right next to me. So that would mean, that he has his own body, but how.

I glanced at Mark, it was only now where I saw a red splotch on he side of his head, looking like he was kicked. He had black stains on his shirt and his lips looked like they also had a black tinge on them.