Eye Opener

Mark POV

"Mark?" Jamie asked with a smile.
"Yes, is something wrong?" I questioned hearing the slight speculation in her voice.
"No, nothing at all. It's just, y/n didn't tell me she knew Markiplier" she said and glanced to her friend.
"Oh you're a fan"
"No, I'm not" she replied, shaking her head.

So how does she know me? And why does her name sound familiar too?

Your POV

"So you just gonna stand there or are you gonna come in? " Jamie asked Mark with a chuckle, hiding her worry. He glanced at me for a brief moment and Jamie turned her head to me.

I groaned inwardly before telling Mark to come in.
"Come on in Mark" I said and my unenthusiasm was apparent. Jamie cocked her eyebrow at me slightly as she made her way back to the couch. Mark in tow. She sat opposite to me leaving the seat next to me the only seat left. Well, the only seat that would be used for a conversation between three. And I really didn't want to be next to him, so I asked
"You want anything to drink or...?"

Yknow, being a good host and all.

"Oo, can you get me some water? " Jamie asked quickly. I nodded and got up.
"Mark? " I asked and he shook his head. Thank God.
I headed to the kitchen as James said after me
"Take your time"

Oh I intend to.

Mark POV

Y/n was definitely still pissed at me, and I don't even know why at this point. I thought we squared everything out with the whole 'incident'. I could tell she hated me. It's a strong word but I'm getting a strong indication from her.
She even made an excuse to get up as soon ad I sat down. I was beginning to think her friend didn't even pick up on her hostility when she gave y/n the reason to leave.

"So you're taking her out to celebrate? " Jamie asked as she leaned forward to me.
"Uh, yeah, that was the plan" I answered a bit flustered at her behavior. She spoke softly, almost to a whisper and leaned over across to me. It was like she didn't want y/n to hear her talking. And she'd glance in her direction a few times.

"Hang out often? " she asked.
"Not as of lately, it feels like she's avoiding me" her expression changed. I don't know what that look was. The only way I could think of describing it was...sudden realization? Something like that.

"What do you mean? " her voice lowered even more and she looked interested but not in a curious way. More like a worried way. I replied just as softly.
"Well, we've hung out alot when she just moved here. I helped her get set up and stuff. I don't know, I felt like we had gotten kinda close"
"What happened? " she asked quickly and glanced toward the kitchen.
"We..had a kinda fight, it was all my fault and since then she's been -" I was cut off as she finished my statement for me.
"Distant? " she asked and I was slightly confused as to how she'd know exactly what I was going to say.
"Yeah " I replied and she let out a sigh. She leaned back in her seat and pigged her cheeks. Her eyes starting back and forth across the floor as though she was recalling something.
Abruptly, she leaned across again and said quickly
"Look, I've know y/n for my entire life, she doesn't hold grudges and she's not usually like this"
"Yeah, I got that from knowing her for the time we did hang out " I said.
"Godamit, I just knew something was wrong, I knew it" she said to herself.

"Do you know wh-"
"Don't ask question you don't want the answers to Mark" that statement for took me by surprise a bit.

There was a pause then she looked at me and asked
"You love her don't you? "
It seemed like she could either read people well or it was painfully obvious.
"I know it hasn't been long since I've know her but yeah...I do" she sat back a bit and looked like she was thinking for a second. Then leaned forward again, saying
"Listen, I'm only here for two days. I need to talk to her. I need to make sure my best friend is ok "
"She says she's fine every time I try to do that, I don't think talking won't go so far " I stated, she leaned back again and mumbled
"Shit, dammit. Fuck this can't -" she took a breath and told me.
"You're gonna tell her that you're gonna leave "
"But this is the one time I got her to agree to go out " I whined slightly.
"Just listen, I need to talk to her. When I'm done with her I'm sure she'll be more than happy to go out. I'll knock some sense into her and she'll see that you mean well. And I can tell that you do" she said.
"Wait but you don't know anything about me, what can you possibly say? "
"I know enough"