Another Birthday

Your POV

"What are you doing? " I questioned confused while trying to peer over his shoulder.
"Don't look" he laughed and moved himself to block what he was doing.
"You made pancakes, what are you doing with them? "
"You'll see, now go sit down" he chuckled and nudged me away with his hip.
"But I wanna see now" I complained.
"In time, now go before you make me mess it up" I sighed and left the kitchen, plopping down on the couch and glaring at him from across the room.
"Oh hush, you'll like it" he huffed and continued whatever it was he was doing.

After a while, I saw him finish up and he came over to me.
"Done now" I teased
"I should make you wait longer, but I won't cuz you're the birthday girl" he smiled and pulled me off the couch.

When I saw what he had done, I turned to him and said
"That is...very unnecessary "
"Oh, come on, I worked hard on that "
"Way too hard. It was not needed" I chuckled.
"Fine I'll eat it " he said
"No no, I didn't say I won't " I interjected, stopping him from taking it. He gave me a grin and pulled a chair for me. We sat and I examined the stack of pancakes that was in the shape of a birthday cake. It was decorated with M&M's, so that's why he wanted them. And a carved 21 on the top. It was charming.

"Just to be clear that doesn't substitute for an actual cake. You'll get one" he said.
"It's fine, you don't have to " I replied.

We talked about little things here and there while we ate. It perplexed me why it was that he didn't have breakfast yet. I mean, he was at home.
When we finished he grabbed the plate before I could even get up and stared to wash it.

"Birthday girl relaxes" he simply said.
"So how was it? " he asked.
"Awesome, Chefiplier" I said making him laugh.
"No fair, I don't have a nickname for you" he pouted.
"Anything but...you know, that " I replied
"I know I know, don't worry " he said, understanding that I hate it. But not knowing the reason.

"But beware, I'll be thinking of a good one" he smirked turning to face me.
"Oh God" I muttered and laughed.

"So what's the plan? " I asked. He made the 'I don't know' sound and shrugged.
"Really, this was you-"
"I know, my idea. Hmmm.....let's see" he pondered tapping his chin lightly. His eyes lit up and he exclaimed
"Video games, duh" he laughed and tapped his forehead.
"I'm down" I agreed and we went over to my ps4 that was just to play games, not for the channel.

"Super Mario maker?" I asked
"Fuck no, I'll settle for Mario Cart" he answered while getting comfortable on the couch.
"Don't get settled yet, come set it up, imma get snacks" I instructed. Mark groaned and peeled himself from the cushions.

I put the snacks down and got settled into the spot where Mark was going to sit.
"That was my spot" he whined when he saw me sitting there.
"My apartment, my couch, my spot" I said simply. He groaned and sat next to me.

We started playing against each other, not caring about the other racers. Just focusing on messing each other up. We had a good tied up score between ourselves.

"You're horrible at this " I said laughing.
"No, you are. I've won way more times than you"
"We're tied, dumbass" I laughed and so did he.
The race ended and I won. I teased him.
"Looks who's horrible now" I sung.
"Please, I can beat you with my eyes closed" he boasted.
"Fine, let's go again, close your eyes "
"Expression, it's an expression" Make said and we shared a laugh then started the next race.

During the entire race, he was ahead of me. I got past him a few times but he always regained it. And just at the end, I was tailing him. He was about to cross the finish line and he bumped into a wall slowing him down. I red shelled him and passed him coming first.