A New Friend

Your POV

"And as always, I'll see all of you lovelies in the next video, and hopefully in the new recording room" I said to the camera, looking around at myself sitting on the floor of my bedroom.
"But until the next one, Byee! " I chirped waving at the camera with both hands. Then stopping the recording and getting up from the floor and heading to my computer. There wasn't much that needed to be edited, in fact I can get away with not editing it. Plus, it'll save time, so why not.

I felt slightly guilty that I haven't had the new setup ready yet. I mean, they've been nothing but understanding and patient but still, it's been three weeks, plus I've had help. I am grateful for Mark's help but it's tiring keeping my guard up when he's around. And he's around a lot, and I don't know why. He has no obligation to me, we barely know each other. He doesn't remember who I am, why would he want to spend this much time with me.

And he was honest when he said he doesn't live far. He's only about a block or less away. The fact troubles me honestly, knowing that Dark is so close to me and knows that I'm here, even if he doesn't know it's me.

I puffed my cheeks, exhaling deeply and ran my fingers through my hair. There really is nothing I can do about Mark. He's stubborn and persistent, but sweet and kind, he means well. Much like someone I used to know. That's another reason I don't want him around.

I set the vlog to upload and caught the time; 12:47. That explains why I'm hungry.

I walked out, my goal; the fridge. A nice cold drink and something to munch on was the first thing on my mind. I went into my glorious open kitchen. God I love this kitchen. I dug into the fridge, pulling out a cold canned Sprite and making a quick sandwhich. My go to thing for a bite.

I turned to go settle on the couch until a certain someone jumped out in front of me. I screamed and out of reflex, went to punch him but I had a sandwhich in my hand. So I ended up sandwhiching him.

"Well, that's a first" he said calmly, wiping he side of his face.
"What the fuck is wrong with you! " I yelled punching his shoulder. He fake pouted as if he was seriously hurt.
"Look what you made me do! " I complained. He started laughing.
"Mark, you're lucky you have a pretty face" I threatened, making him laugh even more.
I growled at him, raising my fist as if I was going to punch him again.
"OK, OK, calm down. I'll make you another" he said, putting his hands up as if surrendering and went into the kitchen. Immediately grabbing everything to make another sandwhich, since everything was in sight, he had no trouble.
"When did you even get here? How did you? " I asked.
"Ten minutes ago and the door was unlocked " he answered bringing the newly made sandwhich.
"Thank you" I said and took the plate from him and he made a face, mocking me. I teased him and he teased back.

"Can't ever be mature, can you? " I said and he gave me a look.
"Yeah, you can't" I answered my own question.
"I can when I want to" he whined
"Example, right there, no maturity" he stuck his tongue at me childishly again.

"So when are we gonna get to this? " he asked.
"Lemme finish" I retorted with a mouthful of sandwhich. He snickered as I finished and when to put my plate in the sink. I gulped down the rest of my sprite and motioned him to get off his ass. Yes, he's here to help set up the rest of the recording room, and yes, I told him I could handle it. And no, he didn't listen to me, as per usual.

Just then, my phone started ringing. Seeing it was Jamie, I instructed
"Just go get the foam pads out, I'll be there in a minute" he nodded and I answered the phone.

"Hello" I said 'sophisticatedly'
"Hey boo boo" she chirped, chipper as always.
"What's up? "
"Just callin' to ask how things are going" she said but I know her.
"You never call for things like that, there's always a specific reason, so spill" I stated with a smirk, even though she couldn't see it.
"OK, alright...are you coming back for your birthday? " she asked, getting straight to it. I sighed audibly.
"James, I told you already"
"So, you didn't change your mind " she sound hopeful more than anything.
"I can't, I still have a lot to do and that's in two days, it's literally impossible"
"No, you still have time to book a ticket"
"Not what I meant" I said
"I'm sorry OK, next time" I added
"You mean next year" she huffed annoyed.
"I'll visit for your birthday, OK? " I bargained since her birthday was about 4 months away.
"But, that's so long" she complained.
"Please understand " I practically begged.
"OK" I heard her sigh.
"We'll see each other soon, ok. And no birthday presents in the mail! " I demanded.
"You have no power here" she laughed referencing Lord of the Rings, one of our favourite movies.
"Prepare to be gifted! " she exclaimed
"That's your worst threat ever" I snickered
"I know" she laughed. I heard someone about in the background, as if calling her.
"Oh, I gotta go, babe and I are going out " she explained.
"Well have fun you lovebirds "
"You will be here for our wedding right? " she asked
"Of course, wouldn't miss it for the world" I said.
"So if we-"
"Don't even think about it" I said knowing what she was going to say. She chuckled and said
"Alright, I really have to go, bye boo"
"Bye bye bae " I giggled as did she. It's like we're in a relationship sometimes. But it's humorous to us, her fiancé thought we were a couple when he first met me. That was funny.