Puppeteer

Your POV

I hate Mark sometimes. He's so stubborn. After this morning he said he had some recording to do but he'd be back. And he kept to that. When he left, it must've been at least four hours until there was the knocking on my door. You have no idea how hard I tried to get him to leave. I almost snapped at him. I know it's only because he cares but I don't want him around.

And the way he's been watching me. Not in that way, more like he was observing how I was acting. Everything I did, he was just there. Looking to see if he can catch a glimpse of something unusual. I tried my best to be as normal as possible but with Dark constantly yapping in my head, I think I'm going crazy. And I know Mark has picked up that something is off, he just wouldn't say it.

I don't know what he's thinking, but whatever it is, he seems worried. Scared almost. And like me, he's trying to hide it as well.

On top of trying to keep Mark's suspicions at bay, Dark has been nothing but difficult. Snapping at Mark, even though he can't hear him. Snapping at me for little things just because Mark was there. I get that he told me to get rid of Mark, but if I did force him to leave, that'd only make him more suspicious.

And since I had already done today's work this morning, I had nothing to run off and do as an excuse. I had no where I could bolt off to. The only place I was alone was when I go to the washroom. Mark is being too unbelievable.

I've tried to keep a constant distance between us, enough to ease Dark and not raise questions from Mark.

But being on the couch and watching a movie, he's inching closer by the second. I don't know if it's intentional or not.

I tried focusing on the movie alone, hoping Dark would as well and not notice how close Mark has gotten.

"The tree can speak, but why only three words? " Dark asked and I was relieved that he wasn't paying any attention to Mark.
"That's just his language and his name is Groot, he is a humanoid tree, not a tree" I explained in my head.
"So how does the rat understand him? "
"They've been together for a very long time so he's learnt it. And he is not a rat, he's closer to a raccoon and his name is Rocket"
I'd usual say Dark is being annoying but it's actually kinda cute that he doesn't know what's going on.

"And they're all aliens? "
"Yes, except Peter, he's half human half alien"
"That is he most ridiculous thing I've ever seen humans come up with "
"Hey, I like this movie. And it's called fiction. Where anything is possible, kinda what you're supposed to remain as " I whined.
"Well I'm real, that is not"

I had to hold in a giggle at how whiny he sounded.

"Baby doll? " Dark sung.
"What is it? " I asked.
"Mark is a little too close for comfort, fix that will you? "
Dammit, I thought he wasn't pay attention
"I'm always paying attention "

I sighed inwardly and got up to go to get a drink. It was the only way I could without having Mark ask. And I couldn't run away to the washroom again, since I just did that like five minutes ago.

I dug in the fridge for as long I could without being weird and then returned to the couch with canned sprite in hand. I sat back down as far as I could possibly get from Mark, all the way at the edge of the couch. Which wasn't that much since he's in the middle of the couch.

I cracked open my can and took a sip.
"Is there more? " Mark asked. I shook my head since it really was the last one. He hummed softly then reached over and grabbed the can from my hands.
"Well, I guess you're gonna have to share" he said and took a gulp then handing it back to me. I shook my head and snickered. Then took another sip. I almost choked when I felt a sharp sting run across my back.