Chapter 34.

"Cole?"

I didn't feel anything. Anything at all. Not hurt, not betrayed, not even shocked!

Cole's face was red and eyes were puffy, probably from crying. But I don't care, not anymore. Cole is my past and Mike's my present now. "You're here with Mike?" Cole asked in a hoarse voice.

Funny how his pain used to be mine. Funny how I could read his eyes and tell A - Z what happened to him.

Funny, how time changed.

"No." I replied, pulling out a poker face. Cole chuckled. "Ditched Mike?" He asked and before I could answer him, Cole continued with his words. "I didn't how big of a slut you are!" This sentence didn't quite make a sense. "Using boys, getting into their pants and dumping them? You're a slut, Jane. I knew it from the start. It was fucking easy to get you, unlike April. So much to convince her."

Me? Dumping boys? LOL.

"And that Mike fucking Woods! That mother fucking son of a bitch!" Cole is drunk, for sure. Whenever he would be wasted, Cole would swear a lot. "I knew he'd dump you anyways."

Okay, just now you said I ditch boys.

I looked around. With Cole's raising voice, everyone was staring at us. "We're still together, Cole." I say, rather coolly. Tears forming in my eyes.

Even though I had moved on from Cole, his words hurt like daggers. After all, I was with him. At some point of time, I had a connection with him. "He's a..." before Cole could've completed his words I yelled, "shut up Cole! I love him, I love Mike!"

I do? I... I love Mike?

I love Mike? But what if he doesn't? What if he only likes me and I am just a passing girl for him?

But then, why would he bring you home then?

What if he does that to every girl?

And with that, I ran off to the washrrom and cried. I don't know why I did so but, I did.

Suddenly, there was a soft knock at the door. An awfully familiar voice called out making my head jerk up. "Baby?" He's here? Mike's here? Shit!

"M-Mike?" My shaking voice asked. "Step out baby." Mike demanded in a soft voice. I shook my head even though he couldn't see me. "If you do not come out, I'll come in." He said. I snorted. As if. He won't come in.

Will he?

"I'm coming inside, baby." Mike announced. Undoubtedly, the door flew open and so did my mouth. Mike's face looked colour- drained, as if he was ashamed of his actions. Mike walked to me and we were so close. "Why are you crying, baby?" He asked and I looked away, not daring to look into his eyes.

Mike cupped my face and made me look up at him. "Don't cry." My eyes involuntarily fell on Mike's lips which looked so inviting. And his lips crashed to mine.

He seemed to calm me down. Drain away all my worries and exhaustion. "Let's get you back to home." He said and we made our way to home. I must have fell asleep in the car because the last thing I remember is my eyes drooping close.

***

I woke up to see Kevin and Isa staring at me. I was in Mike 's room. "Look! Aunt Jane's awake!" Whisper- yelled Kevin. Aunt. A deep red blush painted my face and gave flutters to me. "Aunt Tomato!" Grinned Kevin. I chuckled sitting straight up. "Aunt Tom, for short?" Isa asked making me chuckle again. "Get to the point, Bell!" Kevin frowned. "Oh yes! Aunt Tom, do you know where Uncle Hayden, Uncle Mike are?" "And why is Chloe 's boyfriend so evilly happy?"

They blinked at me looking for answers. I frowned, confusion etching through my brain. "What do you mean, evilly happy?"

Okay, so Mike and Hayden are missing and all you care is about what does evilly happy mean?

Shut up!

"Ask him yourself." Shrugged Isa as I rushed out. Kiddo was sitting on one of the chairs and smiling wickedly. Just as his eye caught my sight, he jumped up and came to me. "Oh Jane! I'm sorry! Don't whack my butt for not meeting you today! I have a good reason!" Kiddo begged. Kevin and Isa giggled holding their mouths.

I was pretty sure what he was gonna say.

"I was asleep."

"I forgot."

"I was watching T.V"

"Jake has had an accident."

A/N
Okay, apologies. I know I am late. Let's just say I was stuck on an island with out Internet or Wattpad and lots of fries which were tasty. First chapter of 2018!!! Happy new year birdies!