Chapter 14.

Present

Jane's POV
I didn't want Mike to leave me alone, here with Jake but Hayden said it was an important call and he left. I even asked Mike to stay but he didn't. He left me here, alone with Jake.

How could I be so foolish? I broke down in front of him, in his chest whereas he doesn't care about me. Of course! Why would he care about me? Who am I to him? No one. I must leave this place, as soon as I can.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when a familiar scent fanned my ear. Jake! I opened my mouth to scream but he covered my mouth. Tears threatened to come out of my eyes.

"Shh... sweetheart! Keep quiet. If you utter a single word, Kiddo wouldn't be okay." He smirked grimly. I nodded. "Answer every single question I ask you... or you know what will happen." I did, very well.

Flashback

I ate a slice of the cake Uncle Jake had brought me. It was fantastic. Ask him, now!

"Uncle... how is Maria?" I asked, nervously. He smirked evilly. It was the first time I had seen him smile so slyly, evilly. It kind of scared me. My head suddenly ached.

"Heard Daddy's chats, have we?" Uncle Jake said with a smug smile. Suddenly I became afraid. Afraid of Uncle Jake. For the first time I wanted Father and Mother to be here for me.

I became dizzy. My eyelids became heavy. Everything around started spinning and before I knew it I had blacked out.
•••
I woke up with a aching head, hand and legs. I tried to sit up but I couldn't. I looked around, small, dark room with very dim light. The walls had stains on it and it was a little smelly room. I was lying on a hard surface. I looked at my legs and hands, I was tied!

I opened my mouth to scream but, "do not panic, Jane." I shut my mouth. After a couple of minutes I heard muffled up footsteps. I shit closed my eyelids. I was scared.

"She's a beauty." One of the men said.
"Yes, a bitching beauty I would love to f***!" they laughed hysterically. I was very scared now, very scared. Suddenly they became quite. I opened my eyes to peak.

I saw a shadow of a lean man. "The girl's up." He announced, Uncle Jake. He walked up to me. My mind told me that it was better for me to keep my eyes closed. "Open your eyes." Uncle Jane hissed. I didn't and so he... punched my cheek. A scream escaped my mouth without my permission.

"Little Jane in pain?" Uncle Jake hissed again. "You wanted to hear about Maria? So listen, SHE IS DEAD!!" He roared. I cried silently as Uncle Jake snarled.

This can't be happening! Maria was so innocent... besides she was only fourteen... Uncle Jake will kill me now... Mother and Father were correct... God! Save me! Someone! I must stay strong. Please save me.

"No one will save you Jane." Uncle Jake said, almost reading my mind.

PRESENT

I realised I was crying again. I wiped away my tears. Just then I heard footsteps. Mike and Hayden came back into the room. Jake hastily took his seat back. Mike took a seat next to me.

I didn't want Mike to be with me. He left me alone with Uncle Jake. It's Jake. Yeah! He left me alone with Jake. Facing Jake for me is like having a nightmare which I can't escape. It gives me a reality check that I am a coward.

I prayed Mike not to leave but he did and now he is acting as if nothing happened. He sat down and started talking to Jake. Hayden was messaging someone on his phone.

At midnight I received a message.
Make me stay here overnight. ~UJ
I knew what UJ stood for- Uncle Jake. What? How can I make him stay here? I don't want him to stay here. Please don't agree with me Mike. Make Jake go away.

"It's very late now. You... you should stay here.. Unc... Mr. Willow. How about that, Mr. Woods?" My voice was shaking. Don't agree! Don't agree! I chanted over and over again in my mind.

A/N
Hey! How is this chapter? Are the flashbacks good? I hope you like them. I would be writing soon.