"Yeah. I'm glad Famous decided to set a good example and implement laws to protect our natural world." Marsh adds.

We then go ice skating and find a nice café to drink hot chocolate.

"December twenty four is nearing." Marsh brings up as we walk back to our hotel.

"Don't worry them, Marsh. They're doing great." Pluma scolds.

Vina and I give her a grateful smile but the thought is back in our minds.

Choosing Day is so soon.

We get ready for bed and say a prayer. Just gotta get through each day one at a time.

***
"Where should I go?" I ask, putting on my best 'lost' face.

The scene goes on and we twirl and dance as practiced.

In this scene, I, the now orphaned girl, am walking through the streets alone trying to approach people who'll take me in at least for the holidays.

Then the lights go off.

I look around as my eyes adjust to the darkness. The rest of the cast are as confused as I am.

Then the lights start
blinking. Flashing on and off.

I feel someone pulling against my dress and I push him or her off. The person comes back and whacks something on my head. With the lights flashing on and off, my head starts spinning. The rest of my colleagues try to continue the scene but the lights are distracting and their eyes are set on the one who's tearing my dress.

To the audience, it might seem like this is part of the play. The orphan girl getting attacked in the street at night just to be rescued by someone.

I feel a cold blade touch my thigh and I freeze.

I hear ripping and tearing as I stumble around trying to push off this person.

After what seems like an hour, though it was only a few minutes, the lights go back to normal and I see my friends, the rest of the cast and those behind the scenes, in silent shock. They give me questioning glances but thankfully Pluma saves the show.

"My dear, are you alright?" She asks. I know she's doing this for the show but I see real concern.

I stand and smile, not minding the blood flowing down my leg.

We finish the scene of the orphan girl finding a welcoming family, and I rush backstage.

The audience claps and the next scene goes on.

"Belle, are you alright?" Pluma asks, holding my face with her hands. She stares into my eyes and snaps her fingers trying to get my eyes to focus on her.

I do my best to look directly at her, I really do. But I can't help but doze off.

"Belle!"

I let the darkness swallow me. What's happening?

***
"She just- blacked out." I hear a familiar voice say.

"She did lose quite an amount of blood." Another replies. "Did you find out who did this?"

A third voice answers, "No. We have a clue but no certain suspect."

I open my eyes and see the three ladies who were talking. Vina, Pluma, and Melissa.

"What happened?" I ask.

Their heads turn at the same time, and I nearly laugh at their worried expressions.

"You blacked out." Vina says putting her hands on her hips. "Don't you ever do that again."

I smile at her and see her relax a bit.

"What time is it? What happened to the musical?" I ask.

"It's three pm. Four hours after you blacked out." Pluma replies. "As for the musical, the narrator and the rest of the cast adjusted the scenes on the spot and Carol took your place. I'm glad everyone was thinking on their feet. It wasn't obvious something went wrong."

"Thank you." I say.

"We're still looking for who did this." Melissa says. "I contacted Felicia and updated her and your friends. Mark and Axle are anxiously waiting outside. Shall I call them?"

I thank her and nod my head.

My two brothers come in with weary smiles. They give me two long hugs and I take in their familiar scent.

"I keep thinking we're so bad at our job." Mark whispers into my hair.

I shake my head. "No. You couldn't have noticed it. We were having a musical. Don't worry about it."

He shakes his head, his expression still upset. Axle is the same.

"There is some good news though." Vina says.

Everyone looks at her.

"While you were out, a special someone replied to you. I saw the notification on your phone and I think you'll be happy to hear what it said." She says. We all patiently wait for her to spill the news. "Ashley replied to you and asked if we could perform in London."