6

Monday has officially arrived, and I am not in the mood to go to work. I just wanna stay in bed. And sleep.

Fighting off the urge to close my eyes again, I pray a little morning prayer, then get ready for work.

I'm in the office at exactly 8. I follow a lady who tells me she'll lead me to my cubicle.

In a few minutes, a bunch of papers pile my desk. I check each one and start with the harder and longer tasks.

I write, blog, think of new ideas, and do everything needed of me.

Time flies by and soon it's twelve noon.

"Belle? Don't you want to have lunch?"

I look up and see Felicia smiling at me.

I stand up quickly, nearly knowing my  chair over and greet her.

"Hello Felicia. W-well, yes. I just didn't see that it was lunch time."

She smiles.

"Well it is lunch time and I can see that you've finished most, if not all, of the work given to you." She says, looking at the papers on my desk.

I turn off the computer and follow Felicia out of the building and onto the streets.

"Your brothers are waiting." She says, painting to a black car waiting in front of the building.

I thank her, make sure the people in the car are really my "brothers", and get in the car.

"How's your first day at work?" Mark asks from the driver's seat.

"It was actually fun. I didn't even feel the time pass." I reply.

Axle chuckles. "That job really suits you. Next thing you know, you'll be on the headlines then on the road to being a celebrity."

I shake my head and smile. "I don't know about that."

I look out the window and enjoy the scenery passing by.

Mark parks in front of a nice restaurant.

"What's for lunch? I have to go back to work you know." I say.

Mark puts an arm around me. "I know, sis, but this place is great." He pauses and whispers, "at least I think it is."

We enter the red brick vintage restaurant and a waitress leads us to a table.

I look at Axle.

"Well, seems like I'm not the only who got awestruck by a waiter. Or rather, waitress." I whisper.

Mark looks at Axle with a teasing smile and Axle grunts.

"Whatever." He mumbles.

The waitress comes back and gives us our menus. I look at her name tag and read Janice.

We order our food and while waiting, we talk about anything that comes to mind.

Once the food arrives, we pray then dive in.

After lunch, I head back to work. The day goes by like any normal day at work should.

I head home after work and once inside, drop my bag onto my bed. Then my eye catches a box.

I open the box and see that I put the 'goodbye' letters here when I was arranging my room when I first moved in.

I sit on the bed and read the first letter in my hand.

Dear Khira,
You've always been like a daughter to me and my family. Ever since you were young, you've been a spirited, lively, lovely, smart, beautiful, young lady. Till now, you bring out the best in people and in yourself. You think wisely, you act justly, perform whole heartedly, and most importantly, serve God unashamedly.
I'm very blessed to have been able to see you grow into the amazing young lady you are now. Your family is kind and I don't know what my life would be without you all.
   I'll miss driving you around to your favorite restaurants and shopping malls. I'll miss hearing you talk about what happened at school or the annoying bell that takes too long to ring. I'll miss seeing your bright smile.
As you take on a new chapter in life, always remember what your parents have taught you. I've known your parents for years and I know they love you very much. Don't forget that. Through the ups and downs, your parents are there. It may not always feel like it, especially when you misunderstand one another or think you do, but it's true. Keep reading God's word and live for Him. Whether you make it to the top 5 or not, you're always a winner to us. I know you're doing well. God bless!