21

The week passes by with no incidents or conflicts. Vina and I continue to practice and Trevor does his singing sessions.

Thanksgiving is tomorrow and we have much to do. We'll be performing our play Wicked the day after Thanksgiving, and on Thanksgiving day we're going to church for a special service.

"Do you think we should go shopping?" I ask Vina.

We realized that not only do we have a special service tomorrow, but there's a party after and a tour next month.

"I guess we can. Maybe today? We don't have anything to do and we can just ask Felicia for an early day off." She answers.

We finish our work and get up to ask Felicia if we can get off early. She agrees and even suggests to go shopping with us. She dismisses everyone and her office is closed for the rest of the day.

Vina, Felicia, Mallorie, and I get into Felicia's car and we head to the mall.

We decide to look for winter outfits since the weather's already getting cold.

In three hours, we're content with what we've bought. Felicia heads back to our apartment where Mark and Axle wait.

"How long does it take to buy clothes?" Axle whines. "We're supposed to be your bodyguards. But we can't guard you when you're shopping."

I laugh. "Sorry, boys. And thank you."

They help us carry the shopping bags and Vina and I pick our outfits for tomorrow.

"I'm excited." She exclaims, looking over the brochure for tomorrow's service again.

"Me too. It feels like years since I last attended a Thanksgiving service. But it's only been a year." I reply.

We finish and head back to the living room where Mark and Axle are watching tv.

"So, what're we gonna do for tonight?" I ask.

Mark and Axle share a look. "Let's order pizza!"

Vina and I share a look too. "Why not?"

We order pizza and watch the old Xmen series.

We go to bed at midnight and pray, excited for tomorrow.

***

At ten am, we're sitting in the main sanctuary waiting for the service to begin.

Praise and Worship comes first, then prayer and a short message. The last thing we do, which excites me, is the candle light service.

Everyone holds a candle which signifies how Jesus is the Light of the world. We sing praises and thank Him for this year and every little thing.

Once service is done, we head to Mandy's house where a special lunch will be served and later on, a Thanksgiving dinner at Felicia's.

"You children just relax here. Let the adults take care of preparations." Mandy says, leading Felicia and Daniel into the kitchen where her husband waits.

Trevor, Johnson, Mark, and Axle play with the twins and Mallorie's younger sister Macy while Honey, Vina, Mallorie, and I talk.

"I wish every day was this peaceful and quiet. No rush. Just love." Vina says, sinking deeper into the couch.

I smile at her.

We sit back and relax, taking in the smells from the kitchen and laughter from the kids and boys.

"Lunch is ready!" Mandy says.

I sit up abruptly and look beside me to see that the other girls fell asleep as well.