Extra: How It All Began

(A/N): This Extra covers the unmentioned Prologue to Chapter 2 of the Sanada Army Main Story in Nozomi's POV. With added bonus of a mother and daughter bonding!

...

The sound of tiny yet careful footsteps echoed.

A small smile formed on my lips as I awaited for my little visitor to open the sliding door.

With her twin tails swaying, the little girl grinned as she called out to me. "Neh, mama!"

"What is it, Ruri?" Putting my pen down, I redirected my gaze over to the little girl. I was busy writing a letter to Yuzuki when my daughter suddenly arrived in my room bearing a determined gaze in eyes.

As if awaiting my words.

Heading straight for me, Ruri took a seat right next to me and asked simply this. "How did you and papa meet?"

"Oh? Why?"

"Because I wanna know!"

I eyed the girl. In her green eyes, you can see how a tiny spark of eagerness in them. Her wolf-like ears twitched in excitement as her tail wagged. Waiting for me to start the story.

A soft giggle escaped my lips as I pulled my daughter into my arms.
"Well Ruri, it all started like this."

~Prologue~
Welcome to the Sanada Army!

I was already at my limit.

Running was never my strong point.

"Ha...ha...ha!" I huffed, trying to catch my breath for a second. I quickly glanced around the area, double checking my surroundings. Making sure that person wasn't following me. "I...I think I ran far enough."

My left hand was clutching the area of where my heart was.

It was beating rapidly.

Meanwhile my right hand gripped tightly onto a cellphone.

'My cell phone.' Bringing the device closer to me, I muttered quietly someone's name. "Yuzu-nee."

'I need to call her.'

'I have to tell her.'

'Anju.'

'Arisugawa Anju.'

'I saw her again.'

There was panic in my voice as I quickly scrambled through my list of contacts.

Trying to keep myself as calm as possible.

"I can't...believe she was there."

'What were the odds of seeing Anju there?!'

I almost threw up in the middle of the sidewalk after hearing her say those words.

A middle school drop out.

Someone who wanted attention.

Copy-cat.

The voices and eyes started getting stronger as I felt pressure weighing on me as I pressed the call button.

'Please pick up!' I internally prayed while bringing my cellphone close to my ear.

Waiting for my cousin to answer.

'I need to see my cousin again.'

'The voices...'

'The eyes...'