Epilogue [What if?] {4}

I stared at the two policeman, completely baffled by their sudden appearance before me.

"Why are the both of you here?" I know that they're friends of mother and father due to their occupations in the police force, but to just appear out of nowhere. Then save me from getting hit by Ichirou, it can't be some coincidence right?

"I'll leave that explanation to seaweed head." Enomoto replied back, while dragging Anju by the arms. "Wow for some petite girl, I didn't think you were the one that made Yanagi-san's daughter suffer such a mental trauma."

"And trying to hit her, isn't it common sense for a man to not hit a woman?" Enomoto glared at Ichirou, struggling to get out of Okazaki's headlock.

"Let me go, you big oaf!" Anju tried to kick her legs up in hope of breaking free from Enomoto's hold. "I'm going to call the police on you."

'Was Anju that blind?' I almost wanted to laugh as I watched Uncle Enomoto's face contort into a grimace. 'Can she not recognize the badges on them or their uniform despite how modified it looked?'

I watched as Okazaki tighten his notorious headlock that he normally did on his partner onto Ichirou. "What a funny thing to say..."

Okazaki laughed, as if mocking Anju for her stupidity.

"What's so funny, old man?!" Again, Okazaki tighten his grip on Ichirou.

"Gah!" Ichirou choked as Okazaki continued his words. "I'm only laughing at your blind nature."

"After all..." Okazaki smiled oh so innocently as he revealed Enomoto's and his jobs. "We are the police."

I can already see the blood draining from Anju's and Ichirou's face. Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever once told anyone in school that most of the people I knew as family were in the police force.

Uncle Kazuki and Yuzuki's father were the exceptions. A lead guitarist from a popular band and a man involved in politics.

Man, I always thought that if I ever mentioned a single word about my family. Nobody would believe that I was the daughter of two people working among as well as outside of the police force. But now that Okazaki and Enomoto revealed that I have relations to the police, there goes my life of normalcy here.

Then again what was normalcy anymore? I just came back from another world that had werewolves, vampires, and scary monsters called Yakuma. At this point, nothing seemed normal anymore.

"Anyway, seaweed head you better start telling her everything!" Soon Enomoto and Okazaki dragged off the two people I just thwarted elsewhere. Leaving me to mutter in confusion of who Enomoto was referring to.

"Seaweed head?" It wasn't until I felt arm tugged, forcing me to turn around immediately. "Uwah!"

The next thing I knew, I was staring face to face with another person I know.

"Sasazuka-sensei!" I sputtered out his name in surprise. "You were here too?!"

"More or less." He was holding a paper bag bearing the donuts logo on one arm. They smell like they were cooked recently. "But to think you would resemble idiot cat this much."

"Hey! I'm no-" I stop midway into my words.

Backtracking on what I just heard Sasazuka say.

'Did he just say that I resembled my mother?' He only referred my mother like that. 'Sasazuka-sensei always added #2 to refer to me!'

"But no matter what happens, you'll always be idiot cat #2."

Oh he was so going down!

"I'm not an idiot cat!" I huffed at him. I was so ready to hit him with my bag until Sasazuka grabbed a donut from the paper bag, and shoved the dessert into my mouth. "Mmph?!"