Red Bean Mochi [4]

Whose Point of View Will You Choose?
Select: [Yukimura]
[Nozomi]
.
.
.
.
.

"Hmm." I thought to myself.

We don't seem to have many leads on Hime-miko's location as of now.

'Maybe we should focus on finding this Yuzuki first?'

We haven't mentioned this information to Nozomi yet. But there's word being spread around the battlefield about another human girl bearing a similar special blood like Nozomi's.

Bearing the ability to awaken those of the Geggazoku. Not only Nozomi, but this Yuzuki was also a target. It's possible that Yuzuki was taken by one of the clans by now. If only we found her at the same time as Nozomi, she would've been under our protection like Nozomi.

Unfortunately we don't know which clan she's in. Nor do we know what kind of person Yuzuki was. Gripping my fists tightly, I recalled Nozomi's scared expression on the day I first met her.

'Alone in an unfamiliar world.' I was debating on whether to tell Nozomi about Yuzuki's existence, but how would she react? 'Would she be glad to know that there's someone in the same situation as her? Or worry?'

The memory of Nozomi's declare in offering her blood returned to my mind.

"Yukimura-san...please...you need to drink my blood."

"But Nozomi...I have to...you know..." I swallowed.

When it came to drinking blood, I have to touch them and touching a girl I just met was an awkward image.

But...Nozomi didn't care. All she cared was my life.

She shook her head.

"I don't care! If giving blood is what I need to do, then please-!"

"I don't want to sit here and do nothing when the person who saved me is bleeding to death!"

My face warmed the minute I remembered drinking her blood for the first time.

'Ugh...stop recalling that.' Nozomi was just a friend and as my friend, she deserved all the help she can get to return home.

By the time I reached the corner of the hallway, my eyes soon spotted a familiar pair.

I blinked in surprise. "Nii-chan and Nozomi?"

"What are they talking about?"

"Thank you for your help, Nobuyuki-san!"

"It's my pleasure." Was all I heard before Nozomi ran down the other hallway. Once Nozomi was gone, my brother sighed. "Yukimura."

I flinched from my spot.

'Eugh...I was spotted. I guess I would make a terrible ninja.'

I should really give more credit to Sasuke, Saizo, and Kamanosuke when they're hiding.

"Yes, Nii-chan?" I had the look of guilt. I did end up listening to their conversation even though I shouldn't have. "How much have you heard?"