Epilogue [What if?] {5}

Do you wish to know what their answer was?

Well...

"Mnn?" I mumbled sleepily. Opening my eyes, I found my father sitting on the edge of my bed. Getting up slowly, I called out to him. "Father?"

He was dressed and seemed ready to be going to work. But it looked like he was waiting for me to wake up. Turning around, he gave a small smile.

"Good morning." He placed a hand against my head. "Did you rest well?"

"...Yes." Why was father in my room this early?

There was something sad in his eyes.

"Is there something you want to say to me?"

"There is." He removed his hand from my head. Keeping his eyes trained on me, father took a deep sigh before he continued his words. "Do you understand the consequences of that world, right?"

I nodded.

"Then I'll just cut this straight to the point."

Father straightened his back and held a serious tone in his voice. The question he asked was rather straight forward. "Do you trust him?"

Trust.

My trust in others broke the moment Anju placed me into a constant emotional state of fear.

It was hard regaining my trust in others because of the fear that was within me.

But...

Fear I held in the past was already fading away.

I'm standing on the road I chose.

I believe that this is the choice I'm willing to walk on.

I wouldn't have gotten this far if it wasn't for my experiences in Shinga.

A smile tugged on my lips as I gave my honest answer to father. "Yes, I trust him."

After taking one look at my face, my father finally showed his true smile. "Then."

"Don't let him go," He reminded, before pulling me in a hug. "No matter what happens, never let him out of your sight."

"Yes, father." I returned the hug.  The anger I had thrown at him yesterday slowly started to fade away.

"Thank you, father."

"You're welcome." Before releasing the hug, father had a few more things to say. "Also."

"Come back and return home every other week."

Nod.

"Bring enough ingredients with you too."

Nod.

"Make sure to stay alert whenever danger arises."

Nod.

"Only kissing, hugging, and hand-holding is allowed before marriage."

"I-I know that father." We're not even married yet in the first place. "Yukimura isn't the type to do that."

"He may seem like that...but." Father's tone suddenly darkened as he warned me this, "If he touches you anywhere else, I'm going to force my way into Shinga using your Jinkis to sock him in the face with an upper cut just like the way I do with Enomoto."

"FATHER NO!" The minute he mentioned that, father looked ready to crack his knuckles.

Yukimura, I hope my father doesn't charge into Shinga just to punch you. Better yet, I'm not even sure if that's even possible.