Modern World [6]

"Hmm."

'What if it doesn't work? I haven't used it after I was thrown into Shinga.'

Right in the palm of my hand was my cellphone. It'd be stupid if I tried to call someone, but that doesn't mean I can't use it to listen to music or take pictures.

"Huh? What are you doing, Nozomi?" Peering at my face was none other than Sasuke.

"Oh I was trying to see if the stuff I had in my bag from my world are still working." I explained before returning my gaze back to the device. "But still, I'm not sure if it will work."

"It wouldn't hurt to try." Sasuke suggested as he sat down beside me. "Besides I've been wondering. What's your world like?"

"Oh well compared to Shinga, we don't use horses to get to far places."

"Ehh? Then how do you get there?" Sasuke seemed very enthusiastic to learn about my world, so I didn't hesitate to answer his questions.

"Hmm, your world seems pretty cool...So what exactly does this do?" Sasuke pointed at my cellphone.

"It's supposed to...hmm how would you put it." I pondered until I got a good example. "It's a way to talk to someone from a far away distance."

"How?"

"If two people have the same item, it's possible to talk to each other."

"That's a good item! It would make reporting to Yukimura and Nobuyuki easier!"

"But there's some requirements needed in order to get it to work."

Electricity and a signal. I probably need to use the good old fashion potato or apple battery to get this charged if it ends up working.

"Besides talking...this can also play music."

"Music?" Eep! Sasuke your ears are twitching too cutely like a dog's!
Gotta hold back...hold back...urge to pet ears.

"Well let's see if it works then I can show you." Returning my focus back onto the cellphone. I turned it on just like I normally do.

Then all of a sudden, my cellphone turned on.

"It's on."

'That means!' I fiddled around with the screen and opened my music app. But before I started playing a song, I fished out my earbuds from the bag.

After plugging the earbuds in, I stared at the earbud...then at Sasuke...now back to the earbud...Sasuke.

'Ugh...how am I going to put it on his ear?' It's too bad I don't have headphones. 'Maybe we should listen without the earbuds. It might end up damaging his hearing.'

Just need to adjust the volume and...okay!

"Now, Sasuke-san, can you lean a little closer?"

"Okay?" He held a look of confusion as I pressed play on the app. One of my favorite songs, Moonlight Beam.

It always cheered me up whenever I felt down. I giggled the minute I saw Sasuke's eyes widen in surprise. Wondering where the sound was coming from the device.

"Too close." Without realizing it, Kamanosuke had snuck up from behind us.

"Uwah!" Surprising both Sasuke and I.

I ended up turning off my music abruptly upon seeing Kamanosuke.

"W-What are you doing here, Kamanosuke-san?" I asked in return. He just arrived from out of nowhere.

Wait he's a ninja...of course he can.

"I was trying to get some sleep, but then I heard something different besides your and Sasuke's voice."

"Ah well-" Then Saizo appeared, shoving Sasuke away from me and taking his spot beside me. "Princess, don't let this monkey head get too close to you!"

"Hey Saizo! Who are you calling a monkey head?!"

Nobuyuki appeared together with Yukimura in tow. Stating that they saw Saizo and Kamanosuke running this way.

"We also heard someone else's voice on the way here." Nobuyuki added with his hand on the handle of his sword. While Yukimura had a look of concern. "Are you two alright?"

'Did I just underestimate how loud I put my music?' I thought to myself as I proceeded to tell all of them what I was doing.

For just one day, I became a teacher...telling them about my world.

Now I understand what being a teacher was like.