Negotiations [11]

"You're planning to go to an enemy territory?!" My eyes widened in shock of what Yukimura and the others told me. "But isn't that too dangerous?"

"Yeah, but there's something I need to speak with him about over there."  By him, Yukimura was referring to one of the war lords Nobuyuki warned us about from the beginning.

Around the time I started staying here at Sanada Territory, Nobuyuki brought up the existence of five other clans besides theirs. Two of them were power hungry vampire clans lead by Oda Nobunaga and Toyotomi Hideyoshi. The remaining three were werewolf clans, but Nobuyuki and the others never went into much detail about them with me.

The one Yukimura and the others wanted to talk to was Toyotomi Hideyoshi. I don't know why, but I have a bad feeling about this.

"Um, do you mind if I go too?" I asked. It might be possible to check and see if they have any knowledge of Hime-miko. But I'm really worried. I know Sanada Territory is a neutral territory, however I don't know their stance against other clans.

"Actually we want you to stay at the location we're residing near the Toyotomi Clan. We don't want them to know you're with us." Nobuyuki explained, making me focus my gaze to the ground.

But if something were to happen to the people who've helped me, I-

"What's with that sad look, Nozomi?" Sasuke's words snapped me out of my thoughts. "You don't need to worry about us."

"Yeah. My beautiful ninjutsu will surely protect us all!"

"What was that, Saizo?!" The two ninja rivals glared at the other while Kamanosuke patted my head. "Don't worry. I'll be the one to protect you over those idiots."

"HEY!" The two bickering ninjas stopped to direct their anger toward Kamanosuke.

Meanwhile, I still wore a frown on my face.

'Why do I feel like I'll worry more?'

"We'll be fine, Nozomi." Upon hearing Yukimura's words, I returned my gaze over to him. "No matter what happens, we'll be fine."

I opened my mouth to say something, but closed it. Realizing I had nothing to argue against them.

"Fine." I muttered softly, but pointed my gaze at him. "Please keep your promise."

Then eyed the rest of them. "All of you."

"Otherwise, I'll..." I bit my lip. "I'll cry."

"Eh?!"

"See it's your fault Saizo!"

"My fault! Isn't it your fault Sasuke?!"

"You're both the blame."

"Kamanosuke!"

"You three! Stop it, you're troubling her even more!"

"You guys...! She's just-!"

Seeing all of them panic at the sight of my almost teary expression. I would've laughed, but it would ruin their seriousness.

'I hope nothing bad will happen to them.'

...

"Hideyoshi-sama, a letter from the Sanada Army arrived."

"Hoho? A letter from Yukimura?" Hideyoshi held a bemused smirk as the vassal handed him the letter. "Hmm, let's see...an invitation?"

"Hideyoshi-sama, this could be a trap." Hideyoshi glanced. "I doubt it Mitsunari, this is Sanada Yukimura we're talking about."

"Whose Sanada Yukimura?" Hideyoshi focused his gaze over on the girl sitting not too far from him. "Hm hm? Are you curious, Yuzuki?"

Yuzuki frowned at Hideyoshi's words. "I just want to know."

"Well...you'll see for yourself soon."

"Hideyoshi-sama! You're not planning to-!"

"Of course! Let's accept Yukimura's invitation!" Grabbing Yuzuki's arm, Hideyoshi dragged the poor girl over to the stables to grab a horse. Meanwhile Mitsunari heaved a deep sigh. "Hideyoshi-sama."