No Longer a Burden [14]

I stared at the warlord as if he was crazy.

Hideyoshi, on the other hand, wore a bright smile.

Directing it right at me. Waiting for me to say something.

I sputtered my words out in shock. "...My blessing?"

"Isn't that something you should be asking from Yuzu-nee's parents?" I managed to say, feeling a little bit nauseous by how many people in the room were staring at me. Waiting for my reaction.

"But you're the only family Yuzuki has that can approve it."

I swallowed.

'How devious of him.'

'Aiming that question at me just because I'm the only family Yuzu-nee has in Shinga right now!'

I'm so tempted to throw my chopsticks at him, but I can't!

"Isn't that going a bit too far Hideyoshi?" Soon Yukimura joined, making me panic for a moment. But I realized...when Yukimura glanced back at me, he sounded like he was trying to help.

'Yukimura-san.'

"Both Nozomi and Yuzuki want to return home, they don't belong here in Shinga." Yukimura continued, "Wouldn't finding a way for them to return home be first priority?"

"You're no fun Yukimura." Hideyoshi sent a frown back.

It made me wonder on how the both of them are on such friendly...or seem to be friendly terms.

"Besides..."

My eye twitched the minute Hideyoshi pulled Yuzuki close to his side.

'Too close!' I fumed angrily.

"Since Yuzuki is the older cousin, wouldn't it be fair if Nozomi stayed with us?"

His words was like a bomb.

I glanced to see Sasuke and Saizo looking ready to fight Hideyoshi for saying that. However Kamanosuke and Nobuyuki glared at them for trying to do something stupid.

"I understand it'd be best for Yuzuki and Nozomi to be together again, but consider this..." Yukimura calmly added on. "If the situation becomes that dire...and you can't protect both of them. They will end up in the hands of your mortal enemy, right?"

The smile that was once on Hideyoshi's face fell, leaving a frown on the opposing warlord's face.

"So neither one of us is willing to give them up."

...

I felt bad after seeing what happened. I wanted to go after Yukimura, but he wanted to continue his conversation with Hideyoshi alone.

"...Yukimura-san always helped me no matter what kind of situation I'm in." The burden I placed on him just keeps growing and growing.

I closed my eyes, wearing a frown on my face. 'When will I stop being a burden to all of them?'

If only there was some way I could protect myself or at least help them in battle besides using my blood.