XX

RAPHAELS POV:
Jonathan died that night. He was born incredibly sick, and we were told he wasn't going to last long. We just expected longer.
She's broken, and cruel. She lost the ring that was closest to her. She didn't cry, nor did she talk. I cried. He was the only child that actually made it past birth. I'd had other children, but they all had passed. My fault. I shouldn't have fucked around with young girls who did drugs. Salamanca didn't do anything of the sort. He was just sick, much like his sister.
She doesn't know i have other children. I was going to tell her, but I decided against it. For some reason, it didn't seem right.
She went into a bad depression, and she wouldn't eat. She went 3 days without eating anything. She only ate a few bites of her breakfast that I made her on the 4th day. I hated seeing her like that.
Her hair wasn't combed, her clothes had been worn for days. She hadn't showered. I've never seen her like this. She was the only one of my many lovers that went into depression because of the loss of a child.
She got incredibly ill, and they couldn't do anything about it. Her weight slowly diminished. She went from a healthy weight, to almost anorexic. I died a little bit inside every time I saw her. I brought her food every day, but she would barely eat anything. She refused to leave my room. She only let me in so I could change.
She won't me up, screaming in agonizing pain one night. I ran into the room, and she was just screaming. I calmed her down a bit, and asked her what was wrong. She simply said "blood" and I knew what she meant.
Under the covers, blood was everywhere. On her thighs, the sheets, her lace underwear. It wasn't her period, so I became worried. I cleaned her up a bit, and took her to the hospital.
Something had burst inside of her, and she needed emergency surgery. I wasn't allowed to see her, but I needed to. I needed to understand what was happening. I needed to know what was wrong.
Her surgery took 4 and a half hours to complete. She came out, and had many stitches on the side of her stomach. Gladly, she wasn't bleeding anymore. I was so relieved, until she had told me what happened.
She could not have any more children.
————————————————————