XVIII

EVANS POV:
    Okay so like. I don't know what to do. I'm kind of panicking. He's not even my son and I'm so excited to meet him. Sally doesn't think I know his father, but I do. Raphael Stevenson. He's a good buddy of mine. He always asks how she is, and how his son is. I don't think she wanted me to know, though.
   Every time I talk to him, you can hear the pain and sadness in his voice. He really loves her, and I do too. I know he doesn't want me with her, but she's happy. That's all he wants. I do hope she is happy with me, but she does belong with raph. I need to tell her, but I can't. I love her, and her unborn son.
I got to the hospital and asked where she was. I quickly walked to the elevator, and hurried to get to her. I had a rough time. Every where I went, there were more rooms. There were hardly any signs to where the rooms were. I started to get frustrated and a little annoyed. I just wanted to see her, and comfort her. After about an hour of looking, I finally found her room. There were so many doctors and nurses rushing past me. I just wanted to get to her.
I was terrified when I stood in front of her door. I couldn't hear anything. I got extremely tense as I pushed open the door.
There she was. As beautiful as ever, holding her newborn son. Beside her, Raphael. I don't know why he was there. He ditched her. Or she ditched him. I don't know the whole story. Still, he shouldn't have been there, even though it was his son.
For some odd reason, they all looked like they had seen a ghost. Sally was crying, but I don't know if they were tears of joy. I slowly inched over to her, and raph gave me many dirty looks. He didn't want me there. I could feel it.
I looked over at Sally's little bundle, and saw him. His hands were tightly wrapped around her finger. He was fast asleep. He looked like his father. It was almost impossible to tell them apart, other than the fact that Raphael was a grown man.
I still didn't understand why they were upset. She was perfectly fine, and so was her baby. I decided to ask. She started crying some more. I quickly shut up, and sat down. Then I saw it. A little cart in the side of the room. It was pink, unlike Jonathan's wrap. I feared the worst was in there, so I didn't look. I figured Sally had somehow had twins, and lost one of them; a girl. I didn't ask her, because she was upset.
I learned later that I was right. Jonathan was stealing all of her nutrients, and you couldn't see her on the ultrasounds. Raphael told me that he named her Lynn. I thought that was nice.
Sally left me, to be with Raphael. I couldn't blame her. She loves him. I can tell. It's better for their kid, too. I'm upset about it, but I'll be alright. I just loved her too much.
I didn't deserve her anyways.
————————————————————