(23) The Only One

We made our way to Percy and Ron's room which was only a couple rooms from Fred and George's. I don't know how many times Fred and George pulled a prank on Percy. Sometimes I actually felt bad for him, but I was actually really curious to find out how the Weather in a Bottle worked. Fred said it was still under repair, but George said it was better to try it out first and of course it had to be Percy.

"What's the plan?" I whispered as George put his ear on the door.

"Hear anything, Georgie?" Fred asked holding the bottle in his hand.

"Not a peep." George said smirking.

"I reck'n we'll be able to prank the both of them." Fred said as he silently high-fived George.

"I don't think Ron's in there. He came to my room when I came to yours." I whispered and the both of them frowned.

"Oh well, maybe next time." George said.

"Ok. First we have to slowly and quietly open the door." Fred said as he slowly turned the knob on the door.

        It creaked a little and we all froze. We listened for a while and when we heard nothing, Fred continued to open it until the three of us managed to get in. Percy was fast asleep on his bed. The three of us crept around his bed and Fred placed the bottle on the night stand. He pulled out a ball of string from his pocket and tied the end on the cap and handed the ball of string to George. George tied it to the foot of the bed, the bottom of the lamp and the  leg of a chair so that if Percy were to run out, he would trip. Then he handed me the rest of the string as both of them headed out the door, but not before Fred grabbed something.

"What do I do with this?" I harshly whispered.

They motioned me to get out and I almost stepped on the trap.

"Tie it on the door knob." George said as Fred carefully closed the door.

        I did as I was told. We suddenly heard footsteps coming towards us and the next thing I knew, George pulled me to the corner with Fred on the other side. Fred was holding something in his hand and he excitedly showed us what it was.. Percy's prefect badge. The three of us tried to bite back our laughs. We did it! But who was walking this way? I tried to take a peek and I felt George do the same. You would never have guessed... it was Ron coming back from my room.

"Oh my god." I mouthed to Fred as he gave us a 'YES!'. "What's going to happen?" I whispered to George.

"Well, once Ron opens the door.." George smirked and I already knew.

        The three of us watched as Ron opened the door and a loud boom echoed through the hallway followed by two people screaming. I couldn't hold back my laugher and I felt tears in my eyes. I was about to take another peek when George pulled me back to their room.

"THAT WAS WICKED!" they both yelled in unison as we all high-fived each other.

"Ok, that. was. brilliant." I admitted causing the both of them to celebrate even more. "I could assure you that I will be the first customer at your joke shop." I said and they both hugged me.

"You don't know how much that means to us, Leah." George said giving me a peck on the forehead.

I smiled brightly at him. We were about to celebrate even more when we heard loud footsteps coming towards our room.

"Hide!" they said as I ducked under their bed.

        They turned off the lights and jumped on the bed, swishing me to the floor. Suddenly the door swung open and someone dripping wet opened the lights and entered the room. Percy.