(32) Welcome to Hogwarts

I turned the corner and walked into a long hallway. From a distance, I saw people leaving the Charms classroom. I waited until I saw who I was looking for, but I didn't see her. Was Finnigan wrong?

I saw a familiar 4th year Gryffindor from Quidditch try-outs, I think his name was Andrew Dillon. I jogged to catch up to him.

"Hey, Dillon! Is uh.. Leahna Granger in your class?" I asked, his eyes slightly lit up when I said her name. He better choose his words carefully..

"Leah? Yeah, she is." he said.

"Where is she?" so far so good..

"Uhh, I think she left in a hurry. I don't know why though. Transfiguration doesn't start until 15 minutes."

Great... I sighed in frustration. "Thanks, mate." I said as I turned around.

"Hey, Weasley! You're really close with her right?" I stopped and slowly faced him. "Can you.. can you talk to her about me? Like maybe tell her I need help in Charms and if she could tutor me."

I raised an eyebrow. "Is that all?"

"Yeah.. well. Maybe you can help me out with her too! I kinda like her.. I mean who doesn't? She's pretty fit." there it was..

I felt my hands turn into fists. "Sure." I said, faking a smile.

"Really? Oh man!" he cooed excitedly. "Thanks, Weasley!"

I nodded to him and headed to the Transfiguration courtyard. Note to self: I have found a test subject on the new product Fred and I have been working on. Our special Canary Creams. I smirked to myself. I just know he'll love it.

I headed down the stairs and decided to take a shortcut. I went to the other end of the hallway. I turned the corner and nearly bumped into someone.

"Leah?" Relief soared through me, but then I saw that Aussie git behind her and I felt a big knot in my stomach. "I thought you were going to meet up with us? I left Fred and Lee to come and find you and you're with him all this time?" he said, feeling disappointed.

"George, I told you I still had class. They're advanced ones in the 4th year. He's in my classes." she explained, looking guilty.

"Don't get mad at her, mate. She didn't do anything wrong." that git said. Who does he think he is?

"I'm not mad!" I said a little too loud, making Leah jump. Merlins.. what's happening to me?

I was going mad. I felt the knot in my stomach tighten. She was always with the git.. Jai was his name? Come to think of it, he's the reason why we don't get to spend that much time together anymore..

I sighed and pulled Leah to another corner. I needed to talk to her alone. I needed to calm down, and looking at that Jai wasn't helping.

"Leah.. I just-" I started.

"It's ok, George. I'll see you in the common room after class. It's just one more period, I promise." she said smiling up at me. I missed her smile.

"Ok.." I said, smiling back.

"And George.."

"Yeah?"

"Promise me you won't do anything stupid." she said looking worried.

"What do you mean?" I asked as she raised her eyebrow. I knew EXACTLY what she meant. Why does she know me so well? "We'll see." I said playfully as I turned around.