(12) First Name Basis

"So it's true? There really is a chamber of secrets?" Ron said as the four of us walk out of the classroom.

I knew Hermione wouldn't let the issue go so after Professor McGonagall talked about changing our pets into water goblets, she asked about the chamber of secrets. I was actually surprised that Professor McGonagall freely talked about it. We now know that the heir is most likely from Slytherin since Salazar himself made the chamber. What's in the chamber? All we know that it was the home of a monster..

"Yes, couldn't you tell? McGonagall's worried." Hermione said.

"All the teachers are.." I added.

"But if there really is a chamber of secrets and it really has been opened then that means.." Harry said.

"The heir of Slytherin has returned to Hogwarts." Hermione said.

"The question is.. who is it?" I asked as I felt the urge to go to the library.

"Let's think. Who do we know that thinks all muggle-borns are scums?" Ron asked as Malfoy and his gang passed by.

"If they're talking about Malfoy-" Hermione started.

"Of course! You heard him! 'You'll be next mudbloods.'" Ron interrupted giving Malfoy a glare.

"I heard him!" Hermione added.

"But Malfoy? The heir of Slytherin?" I huffed shaking my head.

"But what if Ron is right? I mean think about it. The whole lot of his family has been in Slytherin for centuries." Harry said.

"Crabbe and Goyle must know! Maybe we can trick them into telling!" Ron suggested.

"Even they aren't that thick." Hermione said rolling her eyes.

"But maybe there might be another way." I said thinking of an idea. "Mind you.. it would be difficult and we'd be breaking about 50 school rules."

When I said that Hermione already shook her head and sighed. I knew she hated it when I think of something that could get us into trouble, but how will we ever know if Malfoy really was the heir of Slytherin?

"And it would be dangerous.. very dangerous." I added as I watched Ron's face turn scared.

***

In the library me and Hermione looked in the potions section. I finally spotted the advance potion book we were looking for and motioned to Hermione that I have found it.

"Here it is." I said as we both made our way to where Harry and Ron were. "the Polyjuice potion."

"This potion allows the drinker to transform themselves temporarily into the form of another." Hermione explains.

"You mean if me and Harry drink that stuff, we'll turn into Crabbe and Goyle?" Ron asked looking amazed.

"Yes." Hermione answered earning a "wicked!" from Ron.

"But it's not that easy, I've never seen a more complicated potion. Even with me and Hermione making it.. it would still be tricky." I said.

"Well, how long will it take to make?" Harry asked.

"A month." I answered.

"A month? But Leah, if Malfoy really is the heir of Slytherin, he could attack half of the muggle-borns by then!" Harry said in a harsh whisper.

"I know.." I said looking worried.

"but it's the only plan we've got." Hermione said as she took the book from me and we headed out to the Quidditch field.