(40) End of Year 3

(There's a special message at the end of this chapter so don't forget to read it!) -E

Leah's POV

It was a gloomy early evening; the first bad weather of the summer. I didn't mind it. It literally matched how I was feeling. Ever since Jai told me he was moving back to Australia for good, I haven't been as focused.

There were only 2 days left until everyone goes home, and George and I still haven't made up yet. Will we ever? I'm not mad anymore. I actually don't know how I feel..

*flash back*

"I'm moving back to Australia for good." Jai said with a small smile on his face.

"W-What?" I choked.

Jai grinned. His famous Evans grin and he hugged me.

"I'm thankful to have met a friend like you." he started as I felt tears in my eyes. "I knew how stressed you were this year. You helped Harry deal with the Sirius Black issue while you were taking your own classes. Not to mention your advanced classes with me. While helping me and Harry, you also had to manage your time for Quidditch and of course.. you needed time for the Weasleys and your other friends. I knew you were about to break down any second, but guess what?" he said as he held me by my shoulders and stared at my tear stained cheeks. "You didn't."

With that, I started to cry even more. Only then I felt all the weight that I had this year, but I didn't feel like complaining. Not at all. I felt a sense of achievement that this year was about to end.. but Jai was closer to leaving.

"You didn't." he repeated as he cupped my face with his hands. "You stayed strong, not just for you, but for everyone. That's why.. that's why if you can only offer your friendship to me, I would take it instead of not having you as a part of my life."

I finally hugged him back. I was going to miss this goofball. A year felt too short, but a year was also just enough.

"I'll miss you, Jai." I said, as we released each other.

"I'll miss you too, Leah." he said as he headed up the path towards the castle. "Are you coming to breakfast?"

I wiped my tears with the back of hands and gave him a small smile.

"No, you go on ahead. I'll stick around for just a little while longer."

He gave me a smile and continued to head up the path.

"JAI!" I called remembering something, as he turned around. "Thanks for the Water Dimples."

He looked at me like I was a mad woman. "What are Water Dimples?"

Now I was the one that looked at him like he was the mad one.

"The flowers in the cup of water? The one that didn't need soil. From the hospital wing?" I said as he looked even more confused.

"Leah I gave you red tulips, but that was only once. I think they dried out before you got to see them and Madam Pomfrey threw them out."

I froze. If it wasn't Jai.. then who would-

"I'm pretty sure Weasley gave them." Jai said, as if reading my thoughts. "He should be the one you're thanking."

He winked and started to head up the path again.

"I hope you two make up already. It's getting really tiring watching the both of you be so oblivious about your feelings towards each other. One of you has to man up!"

"What's that supposed to mean?!" I said.

"Oh nothing~" he sang. "See you later!"

*end of flashback*