Twenty-One

There's a rustling in the bushes, then a growl, and the next thing she knows, a large wolf is clamping down on her arm, pinning her down, an ear-piercing shriek ripped off of her lungs forcefully.

She swipes her hands and the wolf is separated from her, rapidly flying towards a tree.

"Alpha Lord." She hisses, gripping her wounded arm as she wobbly stands up.

She doesn't realize her waterfall falling apart in huge splashes and Zoe chokes, spitting water out of her mouth. Her arms raise feebly to support herself up, but she falls down again, eyes closed.

"How nice of you to join in." Leia laughs a dark and empty laugh, seriousness attached back to her face quickly. "But I'm just wrapping things up."

Her head snaps to Zoe and she outstretches her arm, blue mist swirling in the air till it hits Zoe in the face, just as she raises her head.

Chris growls, crouching low, almost grazing the ground before he lunges again, hitting her body down before she can turn around.

She cries as she hits the ground and Chris wastes no time clawing her stomach and pushing her down on the wound, emitting a sharp screech from her.

"Chris! Back off!"

He snaps his head. As the anger that clouds his mind wafts off at the voice of his luna, he steps back, watching her as she forms a bow in her hand. She pulls the string back and a red, burning arrow appears, ready to launch.

She lets go and the arrow lands right on Leia's shoulder, causing her to growl out loud, almost monstrously. Adrianna frowns as her eyes turn pitch black and her body quakes before a familiar beam blinds them all when it reaches Leia.

"What was that? It was like she was about to..." Adrianna's eyes flicker everywhere in thought, but she quickly snaps out of it and rushes to help Zoe onto her feet.

Bones cracking and snapping behind her tells her that Chris has turned into his human form again. Zoe groans, tilting her head down while her hand flings sideways at Chris's way.

Chris flinches as Zoe's beam envelopes him and he becomes visible with a pair of jogging pants on.

"Some parts are reserved for your mate... y'know?" She mumbles before slipping out of Adrianna's arms.

"Hey!" Adrianna exclaims as she reaches to grab her sister's body, breaking her fall.

Chris approaches them, "Did she overuse her power?"

Adrianna sighs, "Yes. I can feel my head pounding harder. How... did you know we can–"

Chris returns her small smile, bending down to pick Zoe up and carry her in his arms, "You're still werewolves even with the extra features."

Adrianna laughs, thinking he can't be more right.