Nine

A faded blue energy wave tinted with green circles around her and she frowns in irritation. Elli steps out of the smokes with a hard look and a pair of white orbs, blue dotting her pupils and green lining them.

"Adri, that's enough." Her voice rings out gently.

Her eyes swiftly look at the suffocating girl on the floor, knowing full well the blood-like substance is filling her lungs.

"She's going to die and your name will be frowned upon."

Adrianna inhales greatly before she heaves. She clears her mind and everything evaporates, her aura retracting and resting at her sides readily.

After inhaling gallons of air, the girl steadies her breathing. And instead of fearing her, she looks up and smirks defiantly.

"Now that can be an important asset." She rises, hands propped on her knees to help her do so.

"Girls, that's enough!" Her voice resounds in the room, reaching to her comrades.

All of them avoid each of their enemies' last attacks before retreating to their seemingly leader's side.

Adrianna's sisters also join her on the opposite side, expressing the same tension as their foes, although Heloise plops down onto a nearby bar stool with a glare.

"I'm Libby." The leader introduces herself. "Tatia, Leia, and Raven."

She starts from the blonde who's assigned to Elli, to the raven-haired girl with cold eyes, and lastly the "waitress" who snorts at Heloise.

"The gifts are bestowed upon you." Libby starts, walking around Adrianna who tenses up. "Just like us."

She stops and turns on her heels, facing Adrianna with a broad smile.

"On behalf of the Dark Silver Pack and our honored Alpha Simon, I extend an invitation to the most powerful pack that consists of most gifted wolves."

"Gifted. You mean having the same extra features as we do?" Heloise points to her eyes bluntly, not a trace of playfulness left.

"If by that you mean your powers, then yes." Libby answers cheerily.

"Are you nuts or bonkers? Oh wait, that's the same thing." Heloise says dryly.

Leia looks out the glass wall with a distant look attached to her face, "They're coming." She informs.

"Ah, too bad. Just think about it. We'll visit sometime." Libby's lips curl into a snake-like smile.

The four disappear in a flash through the kitchen door that's left open, all eyes directed that way till the front doors of the bistro slam open.

"What happened here?"

Shivers travel down Adrianna's back, making her aware of whose arrival it is. She turns to a stoic Chris and says calmly.

"An attack."

"And who started it?" Raizel narrows his eyes suspiciously.

Heloise meets his stare, not bothering to hide her annoyance. "The same group of girls that attacked us for the gem. And guess what? You didn't completely cremate one of them!"

"Are you insinuating they've returned from death?" Raizel barks, on the edge of growling.

"Ask them yourselves!" Heloise growls, pointing to the staff starting to reach consciousness.